3 week water fast

Discussion in 'General' started by Renkluaf, Apr 17, 2010.

1. It's a horrible way to lose weight OR accomplish anything else.

When you fast, your metabolism starts to drop for one thing. You'll lose far more weight eating small amounts of food and exercising.

There is the little thing called the 'Rule of Three', which, basically put says that (in general) you can live for 3 minutes without air, 3 days without water, and 3 weeks without food.

A three week fast will leave most people with varying degrees of permanent organ damage. The liver, kidneys, and heart are especially hard hit. Renal, hepatic, and/or heart failure are the typical causes of death.

2. I agree. :cool:

3. Even people who fast for religious reasons still eat. It's just generally a restricted diet in content and/or time of day that one can eat.

A few days of true fasting can be good for clensing the body of toxins IF you are in good shape and healthy. A longer fast can be cleansing and healthy if one drinks fruit and vegetable juices along with water during the fast.

EDIT: Also, most people who need to lose weight and fast wind up gaining even more weight back when they break the fast. It royally fucks with your metabolism if you do it too long and/or are not already in very good shape.

4. #64 DaiLLeSTeL, Apr 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2010

Back pain can increase due to toxins in the lower intestine. Blood vessels that draw nutrients from the colon are very close to the nerves of the spine. Back pain will often decrease after elimination of the toxins

plenty of sources indicate this

and be sure to be drinking plenty of water. it will also ease the cleansing process and well as your bodily functions

5. Any idea why that might be? :laughing:

6. A proper diet and exercise does a far better job of cleaning out toxins than any fast can though. After a short time in fact, which varies based on fitness, the bodies ability to eliminate toxins rapidly decreases as one fasts, because metabolic functions start to shut down one by one.

7. OP, you have already eaten haven't you? I bet you wont make it anyway, not to say your weak minded its just going against nature.

8. Do we get to see pictures of your emaciated body after you've spent three weeks allowing your body to feast upon it's muscle to keep from dying?

9. like that dude in se7en, right?

[​IMG]

well... i guess that was different

10. A three week fast for a person who is not in top physical and mental shape is virutally a death sentence. Fasting for a few days is fine if done responsibly.

You are giving out advice that could cause someone to wind up in the morgue.

11. #71 DaiLLeSTeL, Apr 19, 2010
    "When fasting, a person experiences recovery at a rate that is swifter than normal. He is ridding his body of toxins and excesses; allowing the body to use its own wisdom to healthfully reorganize itself from the atomic level. As the toxic load is reduced, the functioning of every cell is enhanced. In the same way that vital nerve energy is accumulated during a night's sleep, the faster builds nerve energy through rest, sleep, and detoxification. "

Fasting Elimination of Toxins

starting on 4.20 i will be water fasting for longer than 21 days. (since im not smoking for now)

perhaps this will be the thread where i give a day to day update.

12. wow im not into this fasting thing, but damn you internet people are being lame.

you guys dont smoke weed.

lying basterds

13. And you like sports.

14. This is what I'm starting the think.

What kind of weed smoker would want to fast? Doesn't add up. :eek:

15. Dude go ahead and do what you want.. I admire you if you actually attempt to only drink water for a few weeks... I have a suggestion for you to become healthy and lose weight.. Go to GNC or your local nutrition store.. Get Flaxseed Oil, Vitamin B and C minerals, and protein shakes.

Intaking only the healthiest things in the world with water and not the unhealthy fast foods america serves for its people is an amazing thing to do...

3 weeks with lots of flaxseed, vitamin b and c, and drinking protein shakes will do wonders..

16. Dude go ahead and do what you want.. I admire you if you actually attempt to only drink water for a few weeks... I have a suggestion for you to become healthy and lose weight.. Go to GNC or your local nutrition store.. Get Flaxseed Oil, Vitamin B and C minerals, and protein shakes.

Intaking only the healthiest things in the world with water and not the unhealthy fast foods america serves for its people is an amazing thing to do...

3 weeks with lots of flaxseed, vitamin b and c, and drinking protein shakes will do wonders..

17. no dude, just water. we dont need anything but water. this webpage

even says so, right here in pixelated black and white-->

18. stoners are generally more open minded in alternative medicine & spiritual experiences

me? not so much lol

19. #79 TearDownGod, Apr 19, 2010

......... that website didn't look like it was worth citing as any kind of evidence at all..

edit- It didn't even cite anything to show that it wasn't fosfosfos

20. u ever read the hunger artist?