3 week water fast

Discussion in 'General' started by Renkluaf, Apr 17, 2010.

1. bingo!

ahh.... 16 seconds: listen to this song then!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbVHbEGerRA]YouTube - Aloe Blacc - I need a Dollar[/ame]

2. honestly eatin nothing for 3 weeks will make u gain, not lose weight (i know this isnt the main reason but still).

you won't get healthier if anything your body will get very unfit and weak. you'll just feel like shit for 3 weeks.

you could just eat yoghurt and fruit, if you're dead set on doin this. but, a fast for 3 weeks wont do you ANY good.

3. First of all, let's all show some respect for each other and not say things like "you're a fucking idiot". There are positive ways to say constructive things, and this isn't one of them.

Anyways, all I can say is be safe man. Maybe do a week now, wait a month, do 2 weeks, wait a month, etc. etc. That way your body can get (somewhat) used to it.

But either way, be safe. If you do decide to go 3 weeks and half way through you feel like death...just give in and get some nutrients, it's not worth dying lol!

Best of luck to you bro!

4. #44 Raketemensch, Apr 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2010
    I have done a two week water-only fast and a three-week juice fast...

I would advise seeing an Alternative Medicine practitioner before doing such a drastic thing.

One important question, is this your first fast?
    I feel like I shouldn't even have to ask this, but if the answer is 'yes' then you seriously need to work your way up to a three-week...the abuse both your body and mind will take is not something to mess around with, good sir.

I personally do not believe in fasting except for spiritual purposes, and I mean 'going into it' entirely focused on Spiritual Purposes (i.e. not smoking weed or consuming any 'corruptible' substance, etc),
    and when done for this purpose a fast can be very Awakening.

5. thats dangerous man. If you've ever had to watch a lifetime movie in 10th grade health you know that your body needs food and can't run on water.

Fuckin three years later and this stuff is still drilled into my head about anorexia.

6. just eat very little like tom hanks did for the role on "castaway".

7. so i guess ur prolly gona eat or ud die, but do u understand that water is just gonna be retained by ur body.... im pretty sure thats how it works tho, thats why ppl with eating disorders and shit take water pill and laxatives, it flushes out all the shit ur body naturally retains. I guess i might be wrong but ill almost bet u gain 5-10 lbs at this attempt

8. wtf with all these ignorant posts???

i will be fasting soon as well. heres where i got most of my info
    Fasting

9. This is what's going to happen after your first complete week. Your body will metabolize off existing fat and MUSCLE. You'll experience aches and pains and cramping. This is your body digesting healthy tissue. Your organs, specifically the liver and kidneys will be taxed as it flushes the excess fat out of your body. Dude I don't care where you pulled your stats from, this is extremey dangerous and puts undue stress on the body. Did a 7 day and was absolutely unesseccary cause the body goes into survival mode and once food is introduced it will store most of your calories as fat to save itself. Three weeks will leave you malnourished to say the least.. This is a sure way to increase your chances of organ damage....

10. well ive come to a simple conclusion that i simply cant make it to 3 weeks without eating anything. I think i might lower it down to 2.

You can never argue stats couchcommando, unless you have stats to prove it :)

11. yea this is fuking retarted. the body can only go 2 weeks w/o food. but it can only go 2-3 days w/o water

12. I have a better idea, eat healthy and in moderation.

13. Only pussies still drink water when they fast.

Real men don't eat or drink anything..

:rolleyes:

No way in hell I could do this..I'd be eating after 1 day :smoking:

14. Here's the real question: are you going to smoke during this fast? Munchies will be a bitch.

15. OP this is a terrible idea for weight loss.

You body will lose muscle rather than fat. It will fuck you or metabolism, you will gain weight.

16. no, im sure the body can go wayyy longer without food.
    and you need more water(hence its like 80% water) than food so both parts of your post is more fucking retarded than the idea of fasting.

why would your body decide to fuel on muscle for energy from protein which is 4 calories a gram while fat is 9 calories a gram?

and your metabolism will slow only during the fast and return to normal once he starts to eat again

cmon people.

17. #58 DaiLLeSTeL, Apr 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2010

your body will metabolize mainly fat since fat has more caloric value.

any aches and pain will be due to the body cleansing all of the toxins your body has built up from all of the artificial foods and shit you shouldnt be eating.

fasting cannot damage the kidneys or any other organs for that matter; quite the opposite....it will heal the organs of the body like no other method can.
    Repair of Organs and Tissues During Fasting..........
    http://www.soilandhealth.org/02/0201hyglibcat/020127shelton.III/020127.ch8.htm

and dog dont argue when ignorant on the subject, to say the least.

18. Are you going to enlighten us on gluconeogenesis vs lipolysis?

Before you claim everyone else is ignorant you should provide at least some kind of scientific basis for your claims. Especially if you're making claims like:

"any aches and pain will be due to the body cleansing all of the toxins your body has built up from all of the artificial foods and shit you shouldnt be eating."

That's just dangerous advice.

19. ive done a 2 week water fast and i felt sooooo much better after it was unbelieveable, its going to be hard though, also ive noticed my spirituality skyrockets when i fast. good luck on your fast!