Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Deer hunting while high?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Sickleg, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Too many pages to read so forgive me if I'm off of the current topic.

My buddy got high as fuck and went hunting last season and had a blast. He said it was so cathartic and I'm sure being high improved on that.

Probably not the safest idea to discharge any weapon while under the influence, but whatever, people have done worse things while hunting I'm sure.

And I don't know if smoking will scare away deer. I'm no expert.

2. read the title and thought bad idea, I then I thought of Dick Cheney shooting his hunting buddy in the back then wondering was he high?

3. #63 Fishgore, Apr 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2010
    might wanna be careful being busted with drugs + firearms (Felony?)... or using drugs + firearms.

4. I believe there was beer involved in that incident:confused:

5. My advice - Don't do it.
    Hunting or handling firearms while intoxicated (on anything) is not the best idea.
    If you get busted for something while your hunting AND your high, chances are you will lose your firearm rights for a long while.
    Here in Minnesota, the deer would damn near take over the state if we didn't have a hunting season for them so
    I'm all for hunting and I'm all for smoking, just not at the same time.
    Infact I do both quite often:smoking:

6. #66 aidenmurrey, Apr 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2010
    ive never understood the point of hunting until i had a ton of hits and my friend told me about it. it makes sense why people do it. it requires a lot more skill then simply waiting for a deer to walk by and shooting it. you need to be very still, and they come by maybe once the entire time youre out there. and apparently, when you see it, its a huge rush, and even if its 100ft away, you have to take the shot. and if you kill it, youve successfully hunted. theres something primal about it, a humanistic need to hunt and kill. its almost instinctual. with that said, im not sure how i feel about it, in one way im all for primal urges, but i would be bummed i killed something. to make something conscious feel fear and pain, and to have the family of something intelligent feel some sort of sorrow. i dont feel right about. i could see myself doing it sometime maybe.

btw my friend gets stoned and goes hunting

also, people on here are preaching to not go hunting and use drugs, but people go hunting and drink all the time sooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....

7. it cant be that bad hunting high. when I hunt we usually get hammered and drink till 1am and get up at 4 to hunt. Goods times climbing into a tree with a gun and drunk :)

8. I enjoy camping and/or backpacking high so I am sure hunting high is fun though I wouldn't do it myself since I handle firearms maybe 1-2 times each year. If I used them more often I would have to try this, I believe it would be amazing to hunt your own food especially while high. Just an idea but I think it could be even more fun using a bow.

9. maybe because Im from NY, but are you serious son?

get high, put the gun away, dont be a hero

10. Hunters go to hell. Animals abusers are evil scum! I hope you shoot youself in face.

11. Another terrible idea.

13. i wouldn't develop the habit
    u got high last time, had a good buzz, got the best bag ever...and now your going to try and repeat that experience. plus i dont think the game warden will be to happy lol hopefully yall dont have them where u go

14. just dont bring dick cheney with you haha