Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Deer hunting while high?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Sickleg, Apr 4, 2010.

1. I am 18 and have hunted since I was 12. For you guys that are anti hunting you do not understand why we do it. It has nothing to do with mercilessly killing an animal for self pleasure. In fact around where I live, if it wasn't for hunters we would have mass over-population of deer and disease would be spreading.
    As far as scent, I would think the deer would not like it seeing as it is not something they smell everyday. Deer have such a good sense of smell that I think its best if you blaze in your vehicle before hand versus waiting until you are at your stand.

Glad to see there are other hunters on GC :)

2. That sounds like the American educational system....:confused:
    Our deer have been suffering from some appalling wasting illness which the powers that be keep assuring us will not spread to humans. I have some doubts about this, as its a prion disease.

Prion disease found lurking in deer muscle - health - 26 January 2006 - New Scientist

So if its staggering about in a circle, you may not wish to eat it.

3. Are you a vegan? You'd better be or you're hypocrite. Eating that packaged meat from the slaughter house is so incredibly more cruel. Everytime you eat those tasty packaged steaks or pick up some nice fried nuggets youve basically paid an assasin to kill it for you and more often than not in a much crueler way than if it was taken from the field.

You've obviously never been to a slaughter house. I've been to one before as a child and all I could think of was wow I thought it was mean when we could hunt the animals in the woods but this is just horrifying.

Your ancestors hunted for their food. It's almost like a spiritual thing, you're out in the woods like you're ancestors were and you enter this far out (not bloodthirsty, don't think it's like that) state of mind where you're just another animal out there trying to survive.

And I guess we can either kill em with mini vans and leave them on the road or take then in the woods and feed our family. Do you know what happens when the deer herd becomes over populated and people start hitting them left and right? The area usually hires trained snipers to thin it out. Would you rather have some cold paid assasins killing them for nothing or regular people who for the price of a tag and license and some hard work put months worth of meat in their freezer?

Also, every year I buy another tag and completely not for myself I spend the time to harvest a fat doe for the HUSH program. When's the last time you donated 150 pounds of meat to feed the homeless?

Man I hate seeing people munching on a big mac who tell me that hunting is cruel and think that I'm some kind of bad person.

And no, I'm not a Jeff foxworthy git r done red neck, I'm a tie die wearing tripping phish going hippie. Unlike some of my peers I've realized that if you're going to eat meat that it is in fact much less cruel to harvest it myself. Plus by not eating that mass produced beef I'm also helping the environment.

4. ^^^^^^^^^ Floyd Pepper you are the fucking man. You said it right.

5. I dont think its safe or responsible to be hunting, driving, or operating machinery while high. You gotta separate those things from weed smoking in my opinion.

I love to hunt, its exciting enough for me where I don't even think about weed for one minute.

BTW, any socal hunters around here?

6. Um, apparently you have all been watching too much nascar to understand my post. I said if he was HUNTING THE DEER TO EAT BECAUSE HE HAD NO FOOD, that was fine. Retards. America is the ONLY place on earth that people hunt for "fun". So hunting for the hell of it would be EXACTLY like me going to where he lives and hunting him. And no i am not a vegan we need to eat meat. I only consume freerange animals and i dont consume much dairy. So before anyone wants to totally misunderstand my sentences, go back to doing your homework before you are even to touch a gun.

7. I'm glad you enjoy it, but personally, I would be wary of mixing mind altering substances with firearms.

8. lol this just seems like a bad idea. Gun+jumpyness=....bad lol

9. One side of my family hunts. I never really got into it. I do think hunting high would be fun, though.

10. I'd say I'm all about connecting with nature while high, but as most everyone else said, just be careful with that firearm. I know you're talking weed and not LSD, but drunk firearm deaths happen all the time and that's a pretty comparable impairment level to weed. All it takes is a minute mistake or a moment of forgetfulness and you could seriously injure or kill yourself or someone else. Firearms are dangerous in the hands of the irresponsible or impaired (not saying you're irresponsible, I'm just saying it doesn't take much to turn a hunting instrument into an ER visit).

That being said, I say hunt away, but maybe you want to stick to low grade grass so you have the most level mind possible. I know that a seasoned hunter knows how to be careful out there, so as long as it's safety first, enjoyment second, then you'll be alright.

11. thats called murder. not hunting.

12. :hello:

13. #33 JollyStoner, Apr 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2010
    There is alot more to hunting than just "fun" or "food". It also helps keep population in check. When the population of these animals rise in large numbers their food is depleted so they begin to starve, become weak, and spread disease. They also move into human populated areas, attack food crops in farming areas, get hit by cars (big problem with deer) which cause accidents and human deaths.

In CALIFORNIA ALONE over 80,000 cottontail rabbits are bagged (in a 6 month season) and over 70,000 jackrabbits (annually). Thats over 150,000 rabbits per year in California alone. Can you imagine if all of those rabbits were left to bread? They destroy farm crop so farmers welcome hunters to help lower the population.

In places where there are wild boars, there is an endless open season on them because they are extremely destructive animals. They dig up gardens, lawns, run into traffic and cause accidents, and even attack people.

Overpopulation of deer spreads Deer Ticks which spread Lyme Disease to humans.

In Southern California (LA County) deer hunting is not allowed. By the 2 Freeway (close to where I live) just north of Los Angeles I see one dead by the side of the road at least once a month. There is a 2 mile stretch of the freeway with several puddled stains of blood from all the deer that were struck by cars.

There are many other states that have a much larger wildlife population than California so everything I described above is magnified in some states. These are just some examples why hunting is important. There are hunting seasons, tags, and bag limits in place to make sure it gets done properly.

14. i am not a hunter, i dont know SHIT about hunting, but i must say that this is an ignorant and unintelligent post

15. Almost everyone I know in my area hunts deer. This last season if you bought all of the bonus tags, each person could shoot 6 deer, if we didn't have hunting, we would have massive population problems. And hunting doesn't have to be "just for fun" or "if you don't have any food", we hunt because it's fun and you get a lot of good meat out of it.

16. #36 KoolaidZombies, Apr 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2010
    Yo, you did kinda word that funny. I can see how it could've been misinterpreted.
    No need to be a dick.

17. Then you have never truly lived my son. :p

18. hah, i want one of those semi-automatic AR's at runnings so bad $2000. i prob wouldnt be able to should shit though, im can be too talkative when im high, id prob still have fun though, walkin around with an A.R. listening to run through the jungle actin like im in vietnam or something.

19. and i agree with koolaid, if u arnt against hunting animals and eating meat, why are you bringing these negative vibes into this thread (I didnt read whole thread so sorry if im missing something) but obviously OP likes hunting, and its legal, hes wondering about people experiences doing it high, hes not asking about the morallity of hunting deers, so if you have a problem with that, take it to your own thread is all im gonna say.

20. being high n guns dont mix LOL ur just waiting for something to happen i dont care how experienced u might b they just dont.:eek: