leave stems are turning purple

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jimbob913, Apr 1, 2010.

1. sorry no pics, will try and get a digital camera this weekend, but heres my situation:
    soil: Fox Farms Ocean Forest
    Jardin grow tent 4x4x7 feet
    one 400 watt hps
    one 600 watt hps w/ euro hood
    6 inch fan and carbon filter
    five Nirvana White Widow
    three Nirvana Jock Horror
    vegged for 6 weeks
    12/12 on 3/15/10
    3 gal grow bags
    BC nuts: grow/boost/flower and superthrive
    the leave stems are turning purple and they are growing wonderfully a couple of them are getting very tall about 44" inches from top of grow bag
    Humidity: 50 to 70
    Lights on temp: 75 to 80
    lights off temp: 65 to 70
    I water them every 4-5 days about a gallon each, these things are eating the water, my last grow I only watered once a week but I only had 1 light so I think that is part of the reason.
    any idea on the purple leave stems? any help would be greatful, I have gotten so much info and help from the people on this website, I love it!!!

2. all of them, or justa few?

3. I'm not sure what causes it, but I have purple leaf stems too. http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/533374-2nd-grow-organic.html

I always thought it may be the cool temps in my room, the temps fluxuate from 55-80 form time to time. On my first grow all the stems turned purple.

Not sure why, or what or how to stop it, but my first crop came out good, and this one is going to be even better.

4. on 3 out of the 8 plants it's happening to the leaves towards the top of the plants, not the new growth but maybe the 2 to 3 rd row down of leaves and I thought I had heard that some kind of nutrient loss adds to the purpling (what a cool word: purpling). I hope my girls turn out ok, they look great it's just that purpling scares me!!!