Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why mix TOBACCO with WEED for joints?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Grandma Gudenhi, Mar 31, 2010.

1. $20 /gram for dank shit is the norm for NY/Jersey...

2. I'm from australia ( victoria represent) and most people here smoke buds with tobacco, personally cigarettes make me spew but i almost always mix tobacco in with my bud.
    it makes it a lot smoother and it can honestly double your smoking time, and gives you a really even'd out high. we use a ratio of 1 gram (20 bucks in aus) to half a cigarette and its really good.
    i have a feeling it might also have to do with the fact that bud is about 100000x more expensive here, not to mention we dont have classes of weed.

3. great topic man, Ive not read any responses because I dotn wanna get slanted in my response. I am from England and have been smoking for about 23 years.

It originates from the fact we only used to be able to score block, morrocan, Lebanese, afghan. There was very little grass on the market late eighties, early 90's. Smoking this kind of hash is realy pleasant and sociable and totally engrained into the pot culture.

Durign the 90's I smoked in Holland and Germany a lot and lived in Belgium for two years towards the end of the 90's and again through Europe, mixing weed with tobacco was common place, even as good green started become more common throughout Europe people were still mixing it with tobacco.

Even to the point a few years ago when Holland passed the smoking ban it hit the coffee shops pretty bad as pretty much the majority of European pot tourists smoke mixed joints. Now there are signs up saying no tobacco in joints. We were ther last December, they don't really enforce the no tobacco in joints but some places have a segregated area. We were in greenhouse effect, I was smoking a mixed tobac haze joint, a friend was smoking a fag and he got some shit of the staff :) lol.......

Anyway I digress.... the deal is smoking tobacco in Europe is not as taboo as in the US, I came over to LA about 95 and I was fucking amazed at how smokers were treated as 2nd class citizens. Mixing tobacco with your weed is like mixing coke with your bourbon, you either like or you don't.

I fucking love glass, love vapes, if I could break the addiction I would vape forever however the sweet sweet mix of tobacco and marijuana is a taste Ive gorwn up on and just cant shake.... :)

4. Give you one hell of a head rush if you don't smoke tobacco!

5. I spliff all the time. On the weekends, when me and my friends go out, we usually roll a spliff or two, just so when we get to the party or whatever we have something to smoke. Otherwise we normally vape. But spliffing saves alot of weed compared to normal joints... plus it burns smoother.

6. i have read that tobacco helps the mj cross the blood brain barrier, much like caffeine helps the aspirin & acetaminophen in goody's headache powder do the same..i know it seems to get me higher when it has tobacco in it..

7. im also from aus, melburn - i've only ever known a few people to smoke straight green, i mix tobacco w/weed for billys. its just the way we where shown growing up and its hard to change, especially being a fulltime cigarette smoker.

8. Can vape all night and get high but if at the end of the night I roll up a mix it blasts me way more than a vape can so you could be onto something, however a pipe possibly has similar effect so it could just be the combustion and noxious gasses in general that enhance the high :) lol..

9. weed is expensive and the tobacco spreads it out more.

really is as simple as that for most people.

the high is slightly different if you dont normally smoke cigarettes.

10. I've tried it a few times and I kinda enjoyed the combined weed/tobacco buzz. It's different than weed alone but for me, mixing in disgusting tobacco with sweet weed is like putting Vodka in fresh squeezed orange juice. The effect is nicer than just the OJ but it sure doesn't taste as good.

11. Man, in estonia weed is as expensive as fecal matter from gods ass if you dont find the right dealer. It's like 20euros per gram, so we dont have enough to make a pure so we put 0.4 grams in (or more, depends how many people) and fill the rest of the j with tobacco.

12. Haha it's crazy isn't it bro.
    I'd smoke straight green all day if the price dropped haha.

13. I find it gross, I won't share joints with tobacco in them. I use a bong but when i have to roll joints i use knaster hemp mix.

14. Here in Illinois all my friends and I use roaches. Its a waste and hassle without one. And it's funny to make the young dumbass smokers smoke the paper of the roach and get a huge cough and a slight buzz.