Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why mix TOBACCO with WEED for joints?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Grandma Gudenhi, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Very good replies people.
    I rolled one of those cone joints last night. No tobacco though. They smoke awesome!
    I have plenty of pot so I have no problems sharing. My joints weigh almost a gram anyway. However, I could see using tobacco to fatten up a joint to share if needed. I, personally, can't handle tobacco. I even have a hard time smoking blunts.

Smoking a cone shaped joint (no tobacco)
    [​IMG]

ONE GRAM JOINT (no tobacco)
    [​IMG]

2. Oh, one thing I have to add about UK smoking habits that I think every UK stoner, including those who hate spliffs, will agree with me on..

Roaches! In the US a roach is just the end of a joint, in the UK a roach is a piece of rolled up card used as a mouthpiece and to allow you to hold the end of a joint. These are life-savers, fuck roach clips, just roll up a bit of card into a cylindrical shape with a hole in the middle, stick it in the end of a joint (either before or after rolling it), and enjoy.

Also, if you put the roach in before rolling, it allows you to roll a better cone :)

3. Here is my average sharing spliff...

[​IMG]

And this is when i'm on my own...

[​IMG]

4. Really? I don't think roaches are that big of a difference. I hear the term used for both all the time in the states. Could just be me though.

5. Nice rolling skeelz Mat, beats me any day

6. I don't even smoke joints anymore, opting instead for either my Vapor Genie pipe or Volcano. This is because I'm a runner and I don't like to inhale smoke. When I did used to smoke joints, I avoided using tobacco at all costs. I did not like the taste of tobacco in my lungs and thought it totally ruined the flavour of the weed, therefore defeating the purpose of smoking it. An even more important reason is that my medical cann prescription is for insomnia, so mixing stimulants with my green is a big no-no.

7. #27 JesusGreen, Mar 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2010
    Yeah a lot of US stoners use roaches the same way as we do in the UK, but here, it's the standard to use rolled up card/paper, and only a very small number of people smoke without them, I don't think *anyone* here uses roach clips.

In the US however the *majority* of stoners I know seem to not bother putting a roach in their joints, and just burn their fingers or resort to using a roach clip.

In reality, THC is a stimulant, it is CBD that relaxes you and makes it easier to sleep. I find mixing tobacco with weed, rather than producing a more stimulated high actually relaxes you more and produces a heavier "stoned" effect. However, as a runner I wouldn't recommend spliffs as while the weed will negate some of the lung damage of the tobacco, they're still pretty bad in the long run, and of course with bigger spliffs where more tobacco is used you'll further increase the potential lung damage.

8. its all about culture

everywhere in the world smoke marijuana a different way. They enjoy it in different forms.

Here in the USA we are one of the only countries that does not mix anything with our herb.

Almost everywhere else in the world rolls spliff.

Is just culture.

9. #29 kfx450r, Mar 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2010
    I call them filters, since thats pretty much what they are. Roaches are what we call the end of a joint, even with a filter in it, sometimes im high enuff and like to save the resined up end with a little weed in it.

Also, ive NEVER used a roach clip. The only time i dont put a filter in is when i just wanna roll one up and smoke and take as little time as possible from the roll to the inhale and I just save the roach and smoke it in a bowl or something.

10. Here we call the filters "crutches"

11. I don't like calling them filters. A filter does just what the name suggests, it filters something out. Look at a cig filter, it filters some of the carcinogens out of the smoke, but also would absorb a small portion of THC, slightly weakening the effects of bud. A roach however does not stop any smoke, increases resin build up, stops your fingers burning, helps shape the joint, and generally makes smoking a joint/spliff much nicer :)

12. Yeah. I hate not having a roach. You can't get a good drag either.

13. I use them to filter the scoobie snacks :hello:

14. In scotland, unless you have good connects, all standards (mids) are poorly dried and cured.. This results in moist bud that burns horribly which is why most people here toke spliffs rather than joints.

Personally I hate tobacco smoke so I stick to high grade weed through joints or smoke through my bong.

15. I agree regarding conservation. :)

16. I live in the us and almost always use tobacco with my bud, unless smoking with someone that doesn't smoke tobacco. I wouldnt tell someone to mix if they dont smoke tobacco already. I like the taste of both mixed, i dont have a job right now so i cant buy large quantities so using tobacco with my bud helps conserve. And I dont like to always be super baked, i like rolling a spliff with about .3-.4 weed and almost all of the tobacco from a cig. I even use tobacco when i smoke outta my gravity bong, shit milks sooo good and you get huuuuge hits. Its all just personal preference. I still like bud only but when im trying to get 2g's to last more than one day i have to conserve.

17. dang i could never imagine ruining my weed by mixing it with tobacco. i mean if your weed tastes like shit by all means go for it but when im getting weed normally it tastes really good and if i dont have enough to roll a joint of sharing size then im sorry but i guess i just cant share... if i want the tobacco buz i will smoke a cig... just my opinion :smoking:

18. Crutches. :D I haven't heard that term in a while. Rolled up paper for the end of a joint but used on the outside. Usually a matchbook cover. Business cards work also. I discovered this many years ago (`72) when I was a preteen. I hung around with a troubled group. This new juvenile cop was trying to give us his business card and we wouldn't take them. He (the cop!) rolled one up and said,"Look, they make good crutches." lmao, boy have times changed!

roaches (tobacco free). I save them up and give them to a medically needy friend with no money.
    [​IMG]

19. I can almost smell it through my screen, god that must smell bad lol

20. I could be considered medically "needy" and I definitely fit into the no money category :wave: