hermaphrodite from feminized seeds

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by godfather1, Mar 22, 2010.

1. hi

got 4 brainstorm fems 2 weeks into flower and my fears have come a reality....i already killed one that definitely showed the hermie trait but im worried about the others, especially considering i have other plants flowering that i know are females from regular seeds

my question, and please only answer if you have experience and know the answer: with feminized seeds, does the hermaphrodite trait show early or late...or unpredictable?

id fucking hate to get 6 weeks in and have the trait show up and not be able to catch it in time

no light leaks or any heat issues

:confused:

2. reputable seed banks run about a 1/100 chance of hermie from seed. Now that is given ideal conditions. I had about 6 hermies in my last grow from bagseed. Im pretty sure it was from a light leak coming from my power strips.

just be sure not to stress the plant and double check for leaks.

3. mine showed late, say week 6-8.

4. As mentioned, most reputable breeders have about a 1/100 ratio. In most cases, if it was an inherited trait, they often show early; however they can be unpredictable as well. In most female seeds I see it just being very unpredictable. Often I have seen them go up to within a couple weeks of harvest and pop male flowers at the very tips of the buds, and I have seen them pop random pods during preflower. I would double check for anything stress related, and watch them closely for random male flowers.