Tap root pointing out of soil what do i do?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dowierasta, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Hey,

germinated my seeds and planted them in little cups filled with moist soil and covered with cling film. 2 of the 3 look normal but the 3rd looks like its tap root is aiming out of the ground. Any ideas what to do?

Attached Files:

2. Leave it alone and see what happens. Some turn downwards, some sprout leaves, some die.

The best way to ensure that this doesn't happen is when you germ your seeds and see the taproot remember it turns downward by itself. So you plant it with the taproot upwards, initially.

I plant mine with the root upwards and maybe 1 out of 100 the tap will break ground, (usually because it turned when I dropped it and the root was facing downwards). Most of the time the tap will turn back into the soil, sometimes it will wither and die.

3. what about carefully moving the seed so the tap root is in soil?

4. You'll probably kill it. Likewise for adding more dirt on top.

I'd just leave it alone and see how smart the seed is.

5. i agree just let it be

6. Man, come on, the taproot is planted DOWNWARD. lol.:smoking::wave::smoking:

7. I have flipped them over and it lived.

8. any more suggestions?

9. I vote flip it over. Cant be anymore traumatic than having your tap root dry out.

10. have flipped it carefully, will c if she lives

11. I bet she will be fine.

I do hydro, but I had one that fell out and I accidentally put back upside down, like for real upside down with leaves down in the rock-wool. So then I had to cut her out, and stick her back in another rockwool, which foled up her tap root.

She is budding nicely today, she got a little slower jump than the others, but has pretty much caught up now.

12. seems to be recovering well, me finks she will reward me 4 giving her a helping hand when she needed it lol