the official 400w hps yield thread

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by peterjoseph88, Mar 16, 2010.

1. i'm gonna grow 400 soon. as soon as my plants are done vegging, i'll flower them under my 400 HPS.
    i have 3 plants right now, 2 are fine and 1 is shit. hopefully i'll have at least 1 female from the 2 that are fine.

how many plants should i be growing under a single 430 watt HPS ?

2. I fit 3 plants perfectly in a 4w x 2d x 5h cabinet under a 400w. I veg them for 8 weeks though.

You could do many smaller plants in a sea of green method if you wanted. I use the scrog method and it has worked great.

• Like Like x 1
  3. im using cfl right now but im gonna use my 400 prolly when i put them to flower hoping to big results with some nutes and that 400!! my goal is 14-16 oz on 4-5 plants!! lol

4. You guys need to check out everything from 'Rumpleforeskin'. He gets around 12 oz +or- per run from 1 plant under a 400.

5. Hey thanks for the replies guys those are some impressive yields... I'm getting pretty close to harvest and ill be sure to report back with yield once dry, I know it won't be anywhere near 14oz or anything lol but this is only attempt #1, I already can't wait to start my next one.

6. well, i have grown twice so far, each time in a homebox under 400 w HPS

both were in (top quality) soil with minimal or no fertilizing (i don't think this was to blame for the mediocre yield)

first time:

skunk #11 - 9 plants, had massive height problems - final dry yield: 170 grams (6 oz)

second time:

euforia, ice cream - 6 plants, some height probs, some mold issues in the growroom - final dry yield: 170 grams (6 oz) - again! :D

looking to improve upon that on my current run...
    (not that i'm complaining, weed lasted me plenty of time)

7. Actually pretty sure he uses a cool-tubed 1000 watter.

8. I dunno what light rumple uses, but yields of 12+ oz on a one plant grow have been observed. I recall seeing a grow (I think it was on icmag) that yielded a pound from one plant under a 400w. I got three plants running under a 400 right now, and I am hoping for something in the neighborhood of 12-14 oz when it is all said and done. The plants are already 3+ feet tall and I have at least 6 weeks to go!

9. Rumple also has experience on his side, and a whole lot of money invested in his area. If I remember right he grows in a very small are with high reflection and is very well ventilated. He also grows in hydroponics with a water chilled reservoir. Combine all that with the fact that he has been growing the same strain, and has it dialed in to the max, and you see those amazing yields.

That is what it takes to get that. Most people don't understand that you're not going to grow one strain, one time, and get a half pound from it. You can do it, but you have to first dial in the area that you are growing in, and then start to understand the strain you are working with. While MJ in general grows close to the same, to really perfect a strain, you have to perfect what it likes, and to figure that out takes time, patience, and hard work.

• Like Like x 1
  10. how did this go?

11. This is quality yet very achievable quality IMO. Once you learn a bit and dial in, you can expect from 8 to 12-13 oz's depending on strain and grow style.

edit: I thought it said 48 ozs, from 4 x 400's,lol

12 plants is waaaaaay too many to be under a 400 dude. 4 max. You get a lot of underdeveloped bud when you cramp them like that.

12. yeah NGB did that, ended up getting ripped.

He did have some healthy veg time and a scrog.

13. My last grow was 1 plant.
    Delicious seeds fruity chronic juice feminized.
    Put seed in rockwool, sprouted overnight, went straight to bubble bucket under 400w mh.
    Day 37, switched to 400w HPS 12/12.
    Flowered 8 or so weeks, got 5.5oz (roughly), and 3-4 grams of bubble hash.

This time I've got 2 yumbolt 47s vegged for over 2 months from clone. Should be finishing up in about 8 weeks. I'm hoping for 10-12oz. I'll let you know.

google, "watch me flower fruity chronic juice" for pics and nutes and everything else.

14. 1- 400 watt hps
    6- 3 gal pots with MG soil
    3' X 5' X 6'
    12/12 for 65 days use flora nova bloom
    24/0 floranova grow under 6 t-5 till 18" tall 10 of them
    1 1000 cfm exhaust 1-4" duct to light 2-8" intake 1-18'" circulating
    all sour diesel/nyc diesel
    all this in a 3' wide X 9' long X 7' sloping down too 28"
    each one any where from 3/4- 1 1/2 zip

15. hxxps://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=12653

NBG my bad lol

16. I'm about to get my 400w hps/mh in about a week!:hello:

17. alot takes in consideration not just the wattage.. take a look at my plant under 1 600 watts curious on what to expect on yield !..

deff going to be a monster ! day 8 flower

18. 2 400w hps on 12/12 in 8'x8'x8' veg in closet, repeat, i have a 2 year old mother still kickin them out

19. 2 year old mother?! holy shit. can i see a pic of that?? must be huge. lol

20. Bump! Sick thread, let's keep it going!

• Like Like x 2