helicopters with weed sensors?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by sebastian, Feb 27, 2005.

1. I know an officer who commands a lot of the narcotics officers. The helicopters scan with infared and he says it is extremely easy to pick op places with any pot growth with artificial light. He says the houses with artificial lighting look like christmas trees compared to ones without. They just have a lot more heat output. Now as far as it being legal its officialy not. Even if the cops see a house light up they can't do anything without a warrant, and they can't even get one based on that illegal search they just did. Now what the police do do, is they do more checks in the area and look for any activity that they can use, dealers, buyers etc. They know how to work it its their job.

2. This is why i don't grow far too risky for me

3. dude

im only gonna say this once

(well i may repeat it later in life)

COPS ARE A BUNCHA BITCHS

except for the cool ones

4. LOL...true

5. i hate cops with a passion, i had no problem with them till one of my partys got busted and they were tackeling people

We had a party with about 45 people and 13 cop cars showed up, for 35 got mip's
    it was even on the news lol

If i ever grew in my aera i would probably get caught, because we have way too many cops for our town... i saw 4 cops at subway today, its rediculous.
    But i dunno because theyre alot more worried about meth around here, its a really popular drug in north idaho lol, there was a huge meth bust a few weeks ago like 4 blocks from my house... but that was because the dumbshit caught his house on fire lol

6. outdoor weed is found by a spotter in helicopter the indoor the have to present a warrant to search inside the house, the thing that will get u busted is loose lips tell no one :smoking:

7. ok i live in michigan , ina very very small town, they got forest out there, if i made like 2 tree's would i be detected?

it's a simple qustion, would a heli see it?

and i know there aint any suv's driving

so if they are in a hiden spot can they spot them?

8. Nah, the probably won't be detected. The only way they would be in that case is if someone stumbled upon them or you make yourself suspicious.

http://www.overgrow.com/growfaq/browse.php?topic=506

Read those articles for more information about growing outdoors.

9. I have a friend who's dad works in one of those copters, they use binaculars to look for weed outside.. he told me they get pretty good at seeing it after a lot of experience.. about the heat sensing for houses i've never heard anything about that but that doesnt mean it isnt true.

10. sorry if its been said before..

but police are not legally allowed to use infrared detectors to check for heat in your house... its Ilegal.

there is this one famous case... i forgot the name.. but yeah.. police did that.. and all the evidence had to be thrown out.. cuz looking into someones house with that is ilegal...

11. Yeah it's been said. You should of read the entire thread. It was already covered, and dismissed as, 'Do you think they care?' basically. Yeah, they can't LEGALLY do it. But that doesnt mean they don't. Chances are they do it a lot, but don't say anything about it and investigate the matter more in order to obtain a warrent.