DIY Magic Flight Launch Box...

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by dragonriot, Mar 3, 2010.

1. #61 thestarsmist, Mar 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2012
    http://imgur.com/a/3YdCc#4

Check out what a lot of time and money have got me. In all honesty after my time on this project it is simply easier as an individual to just nut up and buy the MFLB or other vape than it is to build one.

Check out the link I have some contact information there.

2. Looks good for a handmade one man:smoke: But i think i will just stick to ma MFLB:hello:

3. Well typically resistors create resistance when a current has a harder time passing through some metal or other substance and heat is created as a byproduct. so I think the trick to creating one of these would be to find the right metal combination that would create the right resistance and therefore the right temperature. it looks like they used stainless steel to me but there are more than a few metals that have that basic look to it. i'm thinking this is something an electrical engineer or someone educated in thermo dynamics would know. My knowledge is a little lacking in those areas but I've built my own homemade vaporizer using a soldering gun as a heating element and came to the conclusion that it takes a bit too long to heat up and cool down, a problem that magic flight box definitely solved. so if anyone knows what metal combination they use in the flight box, or knows of an equally efficient heat source I wish they would share.

4. All I can say to all the people trying.. [except for that one guy who succeeded in making a Handmade Knock-off MLFB which is cool] ..good luck, I'm happy you're trying and being creative but you probably won't get it, a lot of shit goes into that simple little box and very complex materials and not cheap ass hardware shit. you can try all you want but but you're better off putting your time into something useful..

5. Wow that is such BS. Troll on trollboy!

Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

6. Good luck on your Diy vape, go 'atter is all i can say.

7. diy vape.WMV - YouTube

isnt this the same basic concept??? and it seem's to work.. so why couldnt it be made a little smaller or different.. like a better trench... one that is more like the real mflb

8. Hi, what can i use instead of steel mesh ?

9. #69 sovietpothead, May 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2013
    hi there , 
    i've taken interest in this project recently and here are some of my brainfarts : 
    Q : do you need to put the herb directly onto the piece of metal that generates the heat ? or do you need just to heat up the air from the chamber that contains your herbs ? 
    Q no.2 : i have 0 experience with electonics so this one might be a silly question . could you disassemble your car lighter and use the metal part that gets red hot used to ignite your cigarette as a heating source for your vape  ?  i'm not sure you can get it red-hot using a AA battery instead of a car battery .... 
    my idea would involve putting the car lighter part an the base of the vape chamber and a steel screen used for pipes 3/4 down .

10. I kinda like where you were going with the 12v car lighter idea. Could be a cool concept. Like a small vape thing to take on a road trip etc. That you just plug into the car for a few seconds to use.

11. Careful my stoner friends. We are delving dangerously close to tweaking ;)

:p

Interestng read nonetheless.

12. gotta say guys nothing is better than the real thing, trust me ;). If you can scrap up the money to get the thing it pays for itself fast!

13. sure ... if you're willing to spend >130 bucks on a piece of wood , a battery and some wires.

14. Hey everyone, been lurking this site for a while & thanks for all the great info! just wanted to chime in & share some info on making this type of vape work properly. Stainless reusable coffee filter from walmart for screen cut down to size is enough for at least 3 screens. This is highly effective & will damn near combust the material if youre not careful. Its the mesh you want, ive tried the teaball, its a joke & waste of time. 1-1/4" square is a good screen size. Instead of welding, weaving, wrapping etc the screen, lay whatever wire youre using down on the edges of the screen & use 2 small screws to compress the wire onto the screen. The trench is much more effective when it is canoe shaped, so the material is heated from 3 sides, as opposed to 1 side heating with a flat trench. Havent touched my extreme q since I got this thing right. It will produce vapor from moist material in less than 30 seconds. Mflb is an awesome piece, and id love to have one, just cant afford it. Sorry dont think I can upload pics from iphone. Peace!