What Is Your Favorite Purple Indoor Strain?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Hammered, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Im thinking about getting some purple beans and Im wondering what would be the best strain to go/grow with "Indoors"... I already have some purple #1 seeds but I think there an outdoors strain... I've been eyeballin those Deep Purple and the Querkel beans from T.G.A. Subcool. Has anyone here ever grown them? I would love to see some pix and hear some grow reviews...:rolleyes:

2. get some AK and cross it with purple #1... omg.... did it last year and had some keeeeeler smoke :p

i grow in a box to outside tho, and that thing was 6-7 feet tall at the finish... but there's not much prettier than a purple nugget covered in AK-47 crystals... AK obviously for the hashy crystal growth, and purple #1's a good hardy plant...

as far as another killer purp strain, I hear real good things about GDP... dunno for sure cause i've never grown or smoked it...

3. Coool man, I've been thinking about breeding also... I figured the serious AK-47 reg.s would be pretty promising to breed with... Man I heard those purple#1s get pretty tall. I wonder if anyone on here has tried growing it indoors.. Im probably gonna have to bend that shit all over the place just to get it to fit in my 4x4x7 tent...lol.:smoke:.. I figure I'll do just one at first to see how it turns out...

4. my purple's always get huge if i don't top em... i've topped em twice before and they grew about 3 feet with 8 colas... the stems on em weather small hurricanes (almost literally, i was out of town when a tropical storm hit during the Katrina season and it stood strong topped once) so it's great for outdoor, and they don't seem too intricate, cause i messed up a few times on my first go with em... i've never had a healthy one after seedlings and killed it...

so anything really sweet, citrus, or hashy i recommend crossing with purple #1... especially if it's known for not being so hardy

5. Hi. Cool. Another Purple lover.
    Ive been growin for over 30 years indoors
    and by far, the best strain I have ever grown
    is Grandaddy Purple. It meets or exceeds all
    my expectations - every time. It is a smaller,
    compact bush (3ft indoors, 6ft out), great for
    LST or ScrOG, hardy, good potency, short
    flower period, great yields and its fuckin
    awesome to stand and stare at for prolonged
    periods of time. Cheers man.
    :smoking:

6. Hell yeah man, thats what Im talking about... Who is the breeder of this Grandaddy Purple? I might have to check into that one.. Im addicted to just staring at my plants, even the little sprouts....:eek:.. To hell with T.V. , Im watching the grass grow! LOL...:smoke:

7. Love the purple strains too. Have yet to do a grow of any, but def plan on it! :)

8. I think GDP is clone only unfortunately.

9. Correct

10. That is not true at all.

GDP is ALLLLLLLLLLLLL over California, especially Northern Cali(Oakland/Frisco)....

I was just tellin my homey I need some more GDP seeds for the new location.....unavailable? That's laughable.

11. sorry buddy but yeah the real G.D.P. is a clone only strain sure there are probablly bag seeds out there from hermies and crossed and got seeds but not the real deal...... I've grown G.D.P. killer, right now im growing grape ape and I think its better than the granddaddy

12. Hey.
    Grandaddy purple is NOT a clone only strain.
    Like I said, Ive been growin for 30 years and
    in particular, GDP for about the last 15.
    I have a wealth of fem seeds. They can
    even be bought online. Wuzup? I was
    growin GDP even before it broke onto
    the Nor Cal scene !!!

You can get them here:
    Marijuana Strain Library - Granddaddy Purple Marijuana Strain
    Cheers.

13. ok ill believe you i dont have 30 yrs but several and I've been trying to replace my gdp for years since i lost it and have checked high and low for it. I have seeds from it that i bred with a sliver haze witch is killer and glad I did breed it once but not G.D.P............. i looked at the link you posted Ive seen that. just a strain review, I clicked every link on there never found where or how and how much the G.D.P. seeds are. if you can plz leave a link directly to the page that shows seed price and ordering info and what company it is. I desperately want it back. so plz ur the first guy ive seen that says there is 100 % positive G.D.P. exist's and has the experience to back it up.

14. Hi. Gotta get to fuckin work. Oh well, its Friday and payday.
    I WILL find you the link to get your seeds later on today, ok?
    Either way, I have over 100 seeds that Ive accumulated over
    the past couple a years. Cheers.

15. you had it in canada before cali ????????? ok ?????????? :confused: i also have hundreds of seeds from breeding GDP also but still not the real deal........... cool bro be breezy im out, I belive you

16. 'i'm growing some querkel right now dunno how it'll turn out but I smoke some the club had and it was awesome. also growing sensi star and sour diesel which will also turn purp when I drop the temp the last 2 weeks

17. Look into power purple also

18. I'm growin grape-ape. Clone only though. Lavender is some good shit.

19. Just tried the Purple Jones.Quite tasty and looks great.Don't know if it's a local grow or a newer strain.

20. Does anyone have any pix of some purple plants/budz theyve grown "that I can still find seeds for"?? Whats up with all this clone only stuff.. Damn, It seems like all the good purple strains are clone only... Urkel, Granddaddy, ect..... whats the deal with that? Also I heard the same thing about the real "Cheeze" strain too... I know I got some budz once that smelled just like cheetoes , but that was way back around 2001.. I think dude said that the name of it, was cheetoes bud..