Fine for baggy pants?!?!?!

Discussion in 'General' started by akgreenteam, Feb 21, 2005.

1. So my boss told me the other day that a southern state, Louisiana I believe, Will fine you $50 if your pants are low enough to see your under pants. Has anyone else heard anything about this? I mean if we can't dress how we fucking want to dress we might as well not be the land of the free. I know this doesn't have anything to do with pot but it would really disturb me if this was true. Its even required by law in some states to wear a seatbelt in a car you have paid for, pay insurance on and have to put gas in every week. I normally dont care about these things but Im starting to see that I hate the government more.

2. This is probably true... I mean, this is a country where showing a topless female on national television is more of an offense than shooting holes in the innocent civilians abroad! This is probably in a very conservative part of the South though, and I wouldn't worry about it catching on in the mainstream. This doesn't make me anywhere near as mad as the fact that bud is illegal, though.

3. Yeah bud willl be legal eventually. We just need alaska to finally pass it then everyone will understand that its a good thing. If getting fined for wearing baggy pants(I do) went mainstream I would definetly fight for the real cause. I just turned 21, yeah for me my first legal beer.....

4. yeah... but only abroad. so sad and true...

but yeah, the gov't is bullshit. i mean, republicans basically wanna say that the states can have all their seperate power correct? well then why the fuck does he want an amendment to take the power of deciding for themselves on the gay marriage issue from all those states? uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:hippie:

5. tell me whats wrong with not wearing a seatbelt? grow up, why the hell wouldnt you wear one? your a fucking idiot if you dont, i know too many ppl who have been fucked up by not wearing one, you might be the greatest driver on earth but one day a shit driver might go through a red and hit you, bang your dead!

6. I'm not sure about LA, but def. in VA

RICHMOND, Virginia (AP) -- Virginians who wear their pants so low their underwear shows may want to think about investing in a stronger belt.

The state's House of Delegates passed a bill Tuesday authorizing a $50 fine for anyone who displays his or her underpants in a "lewd or indecent manner."

Del. Lionell Spruill Sr., a Democrat who opposed the bill, had pleaded with his colleagues to remember their own youthful fashion follies.

During an extended monologue Monday, he talked about how they dressed or wore their hair in their teens. On Tuesday, he said the measure was an unconstitutional attack on young blacks that would force parents to take off work to accompany their children to court just for making a fashion statement.

"This is a foolish bill, Mr. Speaker, because it will hurt so many," Spruill said before the measure was approved 60-34. It now goes to the state Senate.

The bill's sponsor, Del. Algie T. Howell, has said constituents were offended by the exposed underwear. He did not speak on the floor Tuesday.

Spruill and Howell, also a Democrat, are both black.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/02/09/low.pants.ap/

7. nah man, you flying corpse could cause another acciddent, its hellishly irresponsible

8. why? give me a reason why you shouldnt/dont wear them?

9. not sure what you were talking about so i'll list reasons for both!

Seatbelts - Uncomfortable mother fuckers..
    Baggy Pants - Comfortable attire.. <----- not against baggy pants but oh well.

10. they didnt pass that law way to many people wear baggy pants and would keep wearing baggy pants.

11. i can't beleive it's not compulsary to wear a seatbelt in the states.........lol, it's illegill in nearly every country in Europe.........it increases your chance of survival by over 90% if you wear one, without one in a crash, a person not wearing a seatbelt in the back of a car will come through to the front with the force of an adult elephant, we had tv ad's like that here............here it's also illegill to drive and use a mobile at the same time as they cause accidents on the roads too.............anyone who sits in my car wears a belt, especially behind me!!..........Peace out..........Sid

12. I love it!!! The name of this thread is "Fine for baggy pants?!?!?!" but yet we get on the topic of seatbelts.. Ahh, love the city..

13. we don't get many people wearing jeans so low.........seen people do it in NY city, looks funny if you never see people doing it before..........Peace out.......Sid

but you should be able to walk around in your boxers if you want as technically your not naked therefore not breaking any laws.........i mean what if they banned bikinis?.........

14. I always wear my seatbelt and have known people who died for not wearing one, but I still believe that cops should have no right to pull someone over for not wearing a seatbelt. My life was probably saved by my seatbelt when my car was totaled, but it's my choice to wear it, not the government's choice that I wear it.

15. Here in Michigan you have to wear seatbelts...no one's said anything about my pants yet though.

16. it should be illegal to sag your pants because it makes you look fucking stupid. but i guess if thats what you want i hope you live in a big city or somewhere where people are diverse. i hope the law passes in the southern states and keeps us all looking presentable.

17. i know theyre your pants and everything, BUT HAVE SOME FUCKING PRIDE AND BE PRESENTABLE.

18. Dont Be Lookin At My Ass Unless You A Ho....i Sag My Shit Haaaaard

19. Sidious wrote: but you should be able to walk around in your boxers if you want as technically your not naked therefore not breaking any laws.........i mean what if they banned bikinis?.........

I agree man, what is different about boxers than shorts? Nothing!

Del420 wrote: Seatbelts - Uncomfortable mother fuckers..

You tell me man, would u rather wear a 'uncomfortable mother fucker' and suck it up, or, be a uncomfortable mother fucker youself when you fly through the window and go hurling 20 yards and die and never smoke bud again!

20. I hope the DONT pass it here in the south b/c if everyone looks presentable, it's harder to differentiate people than if some people are slobs and some aren't. I don't particularly want to look at someone's boxers hanging over their pants, but I expect no one to say a damn thing when I wear pants with holes wore into the ass. We're supposed to have the freedom to do what we want and express how we want, but some people's ideas of being presentable are being forced on everyone. It's a load.