NORML Freedom Card, Know and Understand Your Rights

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by IndianaToker, Feb 17, 2005.

1. You were fucked up when you wrote this, wasn't you Ooga?

• Funny Funny x 1

2. Hahaha most likely lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. keep up the good job! =)

• Like Like x 1
  4. People just keep your mouth shut & SAY your rights, be educated! Learn your rights ...... They were written by our forefathers to protect us not hurt us. As far as your legal rights if you don't know ur rights say, "I invoke all my rights.", then Shut up. But my experience is that a little visine, cologne/ perfume, & some common courtesy goes a looooooonnnngggg way. If in ur mind u feel very nervous & guilty it WILL show & that's why they start looking at you funny, cause .... You probably look like a deer caught in the headlights, hahaha!

Keep fighting the good fight!
    Love all y'all!
    Billy Bud44
    Just one mans opinion!

• Like Like x 1
  5. First of all...I am thankful to be female. Where I live that spares you a lot. For whatever reason. I can refuse to get out of the vehicle unless a female officer is present and I can refuse a search by a male officer. I have done it many times.

Second....this card is nice because it tells people about their rights and it is shocking how many people DO NOT know their basic rights as americans. However, like most people have said, I would not bust this particular card out. Just know your rights, local laws, and know how to pick your battles(I think that is more important than anything else).

Third....ride clean. I NEVER carry illegal things in my car if I don't absolutely have to. Just a smart idea, honestly. If I do have to carry things such as herb and/or its accessories...I carry it in a place where they would have to arrest and strip search me to find it. A little discomfort is worth it when it comes to traveling safely. IMHO

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. You always have the right to not answer Police questions regardless.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wish we'd have a lot of those freedoms in Latvia as well.
    By law, the cops can't search you unless you're under detainment or unless they're doing area search (ex. busting down a party and searching everyone there).

But that all remains written in the law, not enforced on the actual streets... there's so many cases of cops just physically abusing a citizen and searching without his/her consent (or without informing him/her of his/her right to deny). I've heard of a case where a woman had her purse pulled away from her forcefully by police (with no warning or consent) and searched because she was smoking a cig (thought it was contraband cigarettes from Russia or something).

Fucking stupid cops. Sometimes I wonder how do they call this country civilized with all this corruption and disregard for law. Good thing that the police has a very low budget and they're forced to even cut down on their patrols due to the financing problems, so I'll be seeing less of those retards. I actually had respect for cops and even thought of joining their ranks, but the way they treat the people ... some faggot who was beaten up in school since day one becomes a cop just to avenge his "suffering".

• Like Like x 1
  8. #228 jax1973, Mar 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2014
    Unfortunately the U.S Constitution is nothing more than a mere piece of paper with no strong foundation to back what it stands for up. Sadly, many people are willing to give these rights up in order to 'protect' their children, to live in a 'safer' society or having the mindset that 'if you don't nothing to hide, why complain'. What I find even funnier is that many of those adamant about physically protecting the flag actually don't respect what it was supposed to have stood for. Both the left and the right cherry pick the Bill of Rights while people stay silent with the attitude 'this doesn't affect me', worrying about the next Walking Dead episode, what's on sale or American Idol. 

I have to ask the political right where were they during the start of, and during the drug war taking apart our civil liberties, many of these people being the same ones currently complaining about NSA spying? Why weren't people loud about law enforcement stealing the property of hard working Americans under civil and criminal asset forfeiture laws simply for committing minor drug offenses throughout all of these years? This card by NORML, while their intentions are good, has little meaning. Damn, police in some states still search houses without warrants, or are issued warrants for people they spotted simply buying legal hydroponic equipment. If this card had meaning these unconstitutional searches would not be occurring. Even the asset reforms voted with the approval of the voters have been side stepped by law enforcement in some states. We need more than a card or the Constitution, something like an outright revolution. 

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thank you for this. This will keep me from looking stupid trying to say all this to a bully p.o. can't remember all that

• Like Like x 1
  10. That's all fine and dandy, but it will not stop a corrupt police officer from fucking with you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. This is an older thread so I will keep it simple and short. Most of you are missing the point, that card is to be used if he asks you to get out of the car or search your vehicle. That card is like a rat trap and the police officer a fat rat. It will get you off, because police are typically stupid and dont know the law or abide by it for the most part. So they will mess it up as always and your attorney will get the charges dropped. This card is basically like a get out of jail free card only to be used when you know the cop has a hard on for busting you. It will not keep you from going to jail, it will just make it easier to win your case.
    Fyi I am new here and this is my first post, hope to get along as I have grow journals I will soon be posting!!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. The purpose of the card is to provide further evidence (beyond you just stating some things) that you invoked your rights.
    (And to remind you what they all are)
    Of course this card isn't an admission of guilt. It may make an officer suspicious, but it doesn't give them probable cause.
    (So I would not hand it over unless you think they are going to be trying to search you or think they know you have weed on you.)

If they search your car and find stuff, they can claim probable cause or that you consented. This card is a way to say "I handed him this card and invoked my rights, and I did not consent". Gives you a better chance of getting the case thrown out.

13. Wow, that's super cool! I wish I had such a card translated into Canadian.