Light cycle to maintain vegetative growth of seedlings starting indoor to outdoor?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Lebron_23, Feb 8, 2010.

1. #1 Lebron_23, Feb 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2010
    I want to start my seedlings indoors until they are strong enough to be put outdoors and withstand the wind etc. I am using CFL's to start about 60-70 seedlings indoors and want to know how to maintain the vegetative growth stage when transplanting to the outdoors ( so they can finish early September/October). I am thinking of getting them to about 5"? What should the light cycle be?I heard 14 hours in sufficient. Also is there a specific height where they must be put outdoors or they will flower? How do most people approach the initial stages of an outdoor grow?

2. You can grow them to whatever length you desire, from what I have been able to find out is that as long as you give them 18 hours or more of light you wont mess up the light schedule ...the only thing you need to worry about is not gettin them into flower period..

3. Sorry maybe i didnt clarify well enough in my posting...but that is really the only thing im worrying about. I dont want the flowering to trigger when I put them outdoors. Logic would say just keep them at the amount of light they will be getting while outdoors, which is probably about 13 hours of light. The thing is I heard in a SOG grow you can begin flowering plants at 12/12 immediately to trigger flowering. I dont want this though i want them to maintain the veg state! WTF do i do?

4. #4 cliffordmurphy, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2014
    Keep them indoor growing with 18hours lights on 6hours lights off, take them outdoors they will start flowering period within 5 days. I don't know of any way to keep them vegetating outside unless you live in Alaska and the days are longer than the nights or something but then... The cold... What do I know I live in Hawaii. Aloha good luck.

5. As long as you give 18+ hours of light they be on vegetative state. Hope that helps

6. dude... just keep them from 24 hr on to 20 hr on/4 hr off.....to......18 on/ 6 off.... (staying at each light cycle for about a week) then stick thm outside. they just need to not have such a drastic change in light/darkness. THAT is what triggers early flowering