Hot, Humid outdoor grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by funkymonkey, Feb 6, 2010.

1. #1 funkymonkey, Feb 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2010
    After sitting down and taking the advice of people who I thought were out to get me (though I now know they were there just to help me), I came to the conclusion that I need to do an outdoor grow instead of indoors. With that said, I need help finding suitable seeds to grow outdoors for my specific area.

I plan on planting around April 20. Temperatures around this time are in the 70's-low 80's with a medium humidity. During May, we usually get a good amount of rain and the humidity slowly rises for the rest of the grow period. As June rolls around, temperatures jump to the 90's, and as July and August hit, temps are steadily mid 90's to low 100's with a high humidity on most days. During September, temps are in the 90's with them dropping back to the 80's the last few weeks. And as October begins, we are back to the high 70's to 80's with a few occasional peaks. The humidity remains fairly high during this grow period, so I am going to need seeds that are mold resistant.

I am actually looking to buy some indica and sativa seeds to see which grow the best in my area, but keep in mind the high humidity. I should have a fairly long grow season, but flowering time would be optimum under 10 weeks.

I am open to all suggestions, as this will be my first outdoor grow (though I have grown indoors in the past).

EDIT: I would like to add this...I plan on keeping whatever plant I get as low to the ground as possible, so if the plant doesn't like being bent and tied down, i won't consider it.

2. I can tell your in the southeast. I am too. I would look for hybrids that lean more to the Sativa Side. Indica's always mold on me in North Florida.

3. Yea, I probably should be looking at some plants that form a little looser buds than normal Indica's with compact buds that might mold easily. I've been looking at the Mandala family of seeds, since most of them are stated to be mold resistant....but still haven't really got my mind set on any one plant yet, lol

4. In texas we get 105degrees regularly. Yet my plants never really cared. 100% humidity and hellish heat. As stated above sativa hybrids worked out better for me. Bleu cheese worked wonderfully in texas. didnt mind being tied either

5. I recently came across some bleu cheese and really liked it, so I will definitely look into getting that strain! Thanks :)

6. sounds like blue cheese is proven for that climate....ne other seeds proven to the hot and humid and tied down backyard enthusiast grower....???