Ideal conditions (hydro). Leaves still curling. HELP PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by LittleGreenMan1, Feb 5, 2010.

1. ph 5.8
    ppm 200
    res temp 68
    air temp 72

under a 400w hps at 24 inches away.

day 13. plants are still all small and scrawney. I've slowly added the nutes up to this point. i've done a lot of reading that says up to 200ppm is ok for seedlings BUT THEY SHOULD BE OUT OF THE SEEDLING STAGE BY NOW

all plants have roots coming out of the bottom and I have 1000gph of air pumped in the res.

rep to anyone with advice. :wave:

Attached Files:

2. Hmm perhaps to early for nutes?
    very nice setup btw.:smoke:

3. thanks man. i worked real hard to get everything sorted out but they are still all scrawny. i don't think its too early for nutes. i could be wrong though.

the ppms are going down so that means the plants are using the nutes.

i think i'm going to try raising the water in my res so the roots are submersed, i've read that this can help speed up growth?

any thoughts?

4. Yes, submerse the roots, they're thirsty.:D

5. well i submersed the roots a few hours ago and the curling appears to be worsening, which leads me to believe they are getting TOO much water? its that possible with hydro? there is way too much bubbles in there for it to be an 02 problem. ppms of 200 aren't too high are they? i plan on lowering them unless the general consensus is to keep them the same.

i really would like some help here guys. any information will be considered.

6. Humidity dome ? Where did u get the water ? tap/well

7. I didn't notice earlier but your res temp. should be around 78*F until the roots are much longer. I use a cheap one from wally world that is preset to 78*F, hope this helps.

8. these are not clones. these are from seed. res temps should never be 78. thats just asking for pathogens and root rot. (unless i supposed your trying to root clones)

9. "Dude you really need to slaughter your mutant plant and start over. the longer you wait the harder it will be. some plants are just mutant. nothing you did wrong, but START OVER. Seriously"

Just playing with ya man. sorry to hear about the probs. I think you should take it to Yoda, he has been a world of help for me in my project. I'm not just being an ass man, I know that you have grown thes autos before and know what they should do and not do, good luck.

10. I run a 400W HPS myself and i find it works better if it's within 12"-14" of the canopy.

11. #12 ToastyRoadie, Feb 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2010

From what I've researched, yes it does need to be warmer, regardless of clones or seeds until the roots have been established. The air temp should also be above 78*F until good roots have been established.

Once you have good roots (3" to 4") then it's best to lay off the heat, I run about 74*F res temp. during veg and flower.

12. just tried to recalibrate my ph meter and its readings are completely off. I guess my probe dried out somehow??!! i'm guessing my false ph readings are to blame, sorry for wasting everyone's time.

13. What about your lights...i was told lights should be as close as they can ( I can get mine 2in ) with out burning the plant...then raise the lights as the plant grows ( good grow raised every day).

14. He's running a 400W HPS, at 2" he'd likely start a fire or at the very least burn up all his plants from heat stress.

15. thank you for doing my work for me.... noobs.