how many grams per plant?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by stayhigh1122, Feb 3, 2010.

1. when growing with cfls, lets say with a good amount of lumens like 3500-5000 lumens a plant/or square ft., how much bud would you get off 1 plant?

2. plant genetics? pot size? growing conditions? nutes? technique?

3. Id say with the given info you should harvest atleast 30-60lbs per plant......

4. #4 Sam87, Feb 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2010
    The correct answer is 67. Always 67.

EDIT:

Seriously though, there's not a lot anyone can tell you with that info. As Ipack said:

And even then, it's still pretty much useless to try and guess. Yield fluctuations can come down to the gardener him/herself. Getting the best yield is about genetics and room quality, but it's also about knowing your room, and knowing your genetics.

5. id say for a newb expect 1/2 to full oz per plant

6. ok.....northern lights, indica....indoor....um pot size is 6 litres....small fan for some ventilation.....nutes right now im using a vegetation nutrient bottle....N-P-K of 7-4-10...and then i have the bloom nutrient bottle which is 4-8-7....and im not sure what u mean by technique....also i have a nice soil, with a lot of vermiculite and perlite in it. hope this helps lol

7. ok.....northern lights, indica....indoor....um pot size is 6 litres....small fan for some ventilation.....nutes right now im using a vegetation nutrient bottle....N-P-K of 7-4-10...and then i have the bloom nutrient bottle which is 4-8-7....and im not sure what u mean by technique....also i have a nice soil, with a lot of vermiculite and perlite in it. hope this helps lol

8. Um it more depends on watts then lumens...Id say with god awful CFLs max half a zip per plant. Depending how many clfs ya got. But id say 1/4-3/4 per plant, and 3/4 is hoping you are a good farmer that for some reason still has cfls.

9. There Is nothing wrong with using Cfl's to grow

10. #10 FourTwoOh!, Feb 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2010

bull.I've seen AND read where ppl get way more than that,even newbs.Matter of fact,I've read over 200 FIRST TIME(so they say)grow journals using cfls and on average most ppl get at least an oz.per.
    Of course,it's all relative,because as stated,per plant is just not a meaningful measurement at all.For example we both can be using 12 26W cfls giving us 312W each.you could be growing 2 plants,5 gallon pots,40 day veg naturally(no LST,scrog)in a double rubbermaid box while I grow 4 plants,3 gallon pots,25 day veg,in scrog,Controlled Grow Environment,Co2 and all,(that's what he meant by "what technique?"Sog,scrog,12/12 from seed,soil,hydro,etc.)and and even if we ended up with the same dry weight at the end our per plant total would be different.We could grow the exact same strain using the exact same method,same wattage,but if I put 3 plants where you only put 2 and again we ended up with the same weight,you'd have a higher number per plant but it wouldn't really matter.

11. HA! To who's standards? Ask any botonist and they will tell you there is everything wrong with CFLs comparative to any real grow equipment. They are not for farmers they are for home owners...I pity the CFL grown pot plant, better to shoot em.

12. And as I said it depends on his watts...and most of the time if you are foolish/newb enough to be using CFL's (atleast use an appropiate flouro like a t-5...I mean c'mon) you dont know that you need atleast 50 watts per plant and 100 is better. And no matter what you do CFLs loose half there strength every 3" from the plant. Their penetration is nothing compared to any HID and that is why they are garb. Everyone can argue that they are "bomb" but too bad the only ones saying that are the newbs who use em...Atleast the people who are forced to use em sometimes still admit they suck (and if you are forced to use flouro like i said buy a damn t-5) Anyone that someone or I would consider a farmer not just a pothead who wants cheap bud would agree...

13. Exactly, I just listed all those things in the hopes that people would realize it's all dependent on way too many factors.

I woulda said the same thing as a ballpark, especially under CFLs

relax dude, we're all growers of the good herb here... and no cannabis plant deserves to be dragged out behind the house to be shot like ol yeller. I've seen some incredible results with some growers using LST and scrog to maximize those weak lumens. Is it better than an HID? nope.. but it works for their situation

14. 6 liters there are 4 liters in a gallon so you are only using a 1.5 gallon pot for northern lights. I dont' think that will be big enough

15. how big do you think?

16. Im not stressed...just hatin on CFLs...IM quite the shit talker, i mean it in good jest though :)

17. i use cfls in a combo with HPS is that alright or am i retarded?

18. Now thats a real good idea...they are wonderful SUPPLEMENTARY light.

19. i use a 400 watt hps and 4 40 watt t 12 and on a good harvest i get 1/4 pound on two plants on hydro this is my 8th grow super girl

20. #20 clos3tgrow3r, Feb 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2010
    You know that cfl's produce higher quality light than HIDs right? They just arent as bright. I say use both in harmony! We should not judge our bulbs on the color or intensity of their light but in their potential to grow shit we can smoke;)lol im soooo hihg off of gods gift:smoking::smoking: