How to get the resin out of my glass pipe?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by henro, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Get a container and fill it up with ISO and let it soak :)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I have smoked resin a couple of times. And for extracting resin from a glass pipe, I use these recommendations https://hempercamp.com/resin-out-of-glass-pipe/
    You can also use alcohol and salt for cleaning

3. Denatured is best for cleaning as it is 100% alcohol.
    Found in the paint department or a marine store as stove fuel.
    Can't buy it in California any longer so I have to smuggle a few gallons in when I return from visiting family out of the state.
    Can't buy stronger then 120 proof Liquor. You might harm yourself. I have to buy my 190 proof to make Tincture the same way. Out of the state.
    upload_2023-1-7_14-12-44.png
    The State knows what is best for you.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. I use alcohol, and include a lot of kosher salt as an agitator to break it up... shake like crazy. Don't worry the salt won't dissolve in alcohol the while shaking. It will dissolve and come out with the water rinse.

5. There are several ways to get the resin out of your glass pipe. The most effective way is to use a cleaning solution specifically designed for glass pipes, such as isopropyl alcohol and salt. Simply mix the two ingredients together, pour it into the pipe, and let it sit for several minutes. After a few minutes, you can use a pipe cleaner or Q-tip to scrape out the resin. You can also use a pipe cleaner soaked in rubbing alcohol to scrub off the resin. For stubborn resin, you may need to use a wire brush or another abrasive tool.