Boycott youtube and google

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Don Piano, Feb 1, 2010.

1. You immediately attacked me for claiming any support in Google. I simply explained that I have no evidence that Google/YouTube is directly responsible for the omission of the question we wanted answered.

There are other parties involved, Obama and anyone pulling his strings, CitizenTube, which I have stated I do not believe that they are directly associated with Google/YouTube, rather a partner picking up on their system.

If I do find evidence to support that Google/YouTube are the ones responsible for the omission, I do not have any problem boycotting all of Google and their affiliates.

But as far as that I am not prepared to support the boycott of Google as of yet.

As a final note, by business life and my activist life are on two different pages, I do not let my activism impose on my business life and vice versa.

You are fully welcome to boycott my business if you can correlate this forum account from what my business is, but I can not boycott something that I have supported myself off of as well as do it under an assumption.

2. Do you believe that Marijuana should be legal? Or that marijuan ausers have a right to exist and have their voices heard as well? If not then no it doesn't affect you. But to completely ignore the majority of questions VOTED ON BY THE PEOPLE. You really want to support that? If so then we can have the opinion that you are selling out your beliefs. We only assume you have the same beliefs about Marijuana because you are here on this forum. One dedicated to legalization. By all means continue to support people who are bitching about China's Human rights violations and censorship, then turn right around and do the same EXACT thing to us. I am with my BOLD AND FRESH freind Glenn. I am writing and calling every friggin body I can. Right now I am going through local areas and businesses that are advertising with them. And out of the 12 or more people I have talked to at the ones that answered the phone 4 have been really positive. As in they do not agree with censorship on any level. So yeah, boycott. And if not what is your intention? To tell us that it is useless and futile, if you don't agree then why argue. Are you a google stockholder? This is a community forum, and it is voluntary. So if you feel this isn't a fight you wish to pursue, then why pursue an arguement with those that are going to fight it? OK you're out. That's your right. And this is mine. I am boycotting those that refuse to boycott to. It's been real nice talking to you. But we have nothing more to discuss. Please feel free to post freely. Just don't expect us to agree or respond. We are very upset by this. They control the information, and they proved it. I'm glad you are cool with that. You go ahead and sell out. I'm fighting it. How far will I get, how far will we get? At least we stood up, while others just sat back. I'll make the sacrifice. Of course maybe you live in a country where pot is legal and you don't live with the threat of jail, and you can freely voice your opinion in an open and public forum addressing your elected officials. I however do not, so I'm fighting.

3. There was a little tag in the bottom right of the screen where the voting occured. It plainly said "Brought to you by GOOGLE Moderator" They own Youtube. They asked the questions they wanted. They are threatening to pull out of China because of Human rights violations and censorship. I just read a story today where a 45 year old man was BEAT to death by cops because he tried to hide a joint. And then they censor our questions to the PRESIDENT after a friggin vote, which put us in the top 5. Come on, you can't see that? Where does it end, and how is what China is doing any different than what we are plainly heading towards? Marijuana is illegal. So who's not to say that this forum may be illegal in a few months? Because you say it won't happen? They completely ignored us, worse they denied us our voice. I'm sorry that you are ok with that. I am not. Some people do not agree with war, some people fight them so they can continue having the right to not agree with it. This is a war. They started it, and they started calling it a war. Make no mistake buddy, if you smoke pot, and you admit to activism, then in the "War on Drugs" you are an enemy combatant. And maybe oneday you will be a victim of it. I'm choosing to fight. I will not vote for OBAMA, I will not support google, youtube/citizentube, and I will not support any businesses that are affiliated with either of them in any way. So if you support them, and you advertise with them, then no, I will not use your services. And I am going to ask everyone else to do the same. That is our right. We aren't telling you to do it, or forcing you to do it. We are asking you to do it, and you said no. So whay argue. Just go away, we are as entitled to our opinions as you are to yours. Why argue with us?

4. Who's to say that you can't use their services to promote your voice? It is a great forum. But you don't have to click on ads at their sites. You don't have to buy anything from their affiliates online. Make an anti youtube/google video and post it. I'll watch, but I won't buy. And I won't look at their ads. Will it work? Look at their stocks. Someone is paying attention.

5. #25 NORRIN RADD, Feb 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2010
    I'm not against your boycott but I don't think it will work; that's all I'm saying & I am not arguing. To say that I don't want Cannabis legalized is obviously not true, but Google & YouTube have nothing to do with that. I am going to smoke Cannabis whether it's legal or not so to me this boycott has no real meaning other than to boycott 2 mega-corps. that aren't for Cannabis. I'm sure there's thousands of companies that aren't for Cannabis Legalization but boycotting them won't solve anything. These companies have no say in whether Cannabis is made legal or not. Do you honestly think that Obama is not aware of the popularity for Cannabis Legalization? If so you are ignorant. Pbama is a puppet & the people who make the laws and decide what's what are sitting behind closed doors s to speak.
    I'm not sure if you're aware of this but the servers for this site are located in the Netherlands; not in America.

6. hello fellow delawarian!

7. Big suprise: Google, Youtube ignore marijuana questions in Obama Open Forum

Just sent this to a few email lists dedicated to reform in MA and then to the guys at NORML's national office.

NORML show live is up right now on stickcam.com ask them to talk about it, they read the comments in that chat room. I don't think they know about it yet. But they will definitely hear when they check their email I just sent them...

8. all they want is money
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0bGs-hhenI]YouTube - YouTube is Dying (YouTube Exposed)[/ame]

9. Talk to Starbucks about that. Corps do often listen when boycotts are announced. I've won many times doing this. In an unrelated campaign I with about 20 people forced a local branch of a huge radio station to bring back our local music show. Boycotts can and do work even against large corps. It only took us 20 people to win that one....

10. I'm not saying they don't work, I'm just saying it's going to be difficult to prosper in this boycott.

11. And I'm not claiming it will work immediately but that it's good to make a stink. It will get noticed for the next corp that tries it. With the boycott I mentioned against that radio chain, it didn't look good for the first few months but an interesting thing happened even before we won. The other corporate radio stations noticed it and added more local music programming. Speaking up always a good thing. We won times three on that one...Three stations gave us more for boycotting one of them..

12. That's ill man.
    So will it help if I use Bing instead of Google? I mean I got an account on YouTube and find ill hip hop joints on there that's why I'm not gonna stop using it.

13. good luck with all this shit, nothing will change, a handful of people will do nothing, youtube and google and together multi billion dollar companys they arent going anywhere

14. Ok first of all, "Brought to you by GOOGLE Moderator" was only displayed because that is apparently Googles voting system that has been released, look it up, yes Google owns YouTube, there's a duh factor in that. I understand your upset, I am too TRUST me, and yes I did further digging to and found better evidence than you that YouTube and CitizenTube both drives from YouTube and YouTube runs CitizenTube, but who's to say that YouTube and Google are directly at fault? You want to sit here and give me assumptions, attack me like I'm not here for legalization when I am.

I am not arguing, I voiced my opinion and I was attacked, I would simply state I'm defending myself now.

I have my skepticism about the situation and yes I want answers.

If you want those answers I believe you should do like I do and direct your questions to: citizentube@youtube.com

I will completely agree this is a very upsetting situation. But pushing propaganda is what got us into the situation in the first place, I suggest you start to think with a straight head, smoke a bong or something. :bongin:

15. this will not do a damn thing unless this is widely announced. i know it was just stated but the only way i see this working is if you get millions behind it. good luck and yea im with iron lung, im not boycotting youtube because thats how i listen to music.

16. #36 GoliathToker79, Feb 2, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
    What do you expect for real, nothing was going to be addressed about the issue. I learned this when the whole change.gov thing took place. I'm not boycotting the whole thing was stupid to begin with just because he answers the questions doesn't mean they will be resolved. Just wait until state after state legalizes it.

17. this pisses me off so much i thumbs uped like 80 questions and made 2 questions both got over 25 thumbs up and under 5 thumbs down after 10 min the american people have spoken and obama has just ignored us

18. #38 tokin', Feb 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2010
    Fuck censorship!

19. Go ahead and write them, I already have. Why sound off to me, or the ones that are already writing and trying to get the millions of people to join a rolling snowball. No, instead you start being negative telling people why it won't work. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWcZLn3x_aU&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Censorship on Citizentube[/ame]#
    If you don't have what it takes why mouth off. As we say around my hood, if you're scared say you're scared. You didn't voice an opinion, you said "Why bother it won't work, you'll never do it, blah blah blah". People do care, obviously you aren't one of them. And I am absolutely sure that you would love to smoke some legal weed. I just doubt that you would get your hands dirty in the fight to legalize it. That is my opinion, one based on your attitude from your first post, through this one. That's all I'm saying.
    The tag was only displayed because google owns youtube, and citizentube, and you have better evidence and a duh factor? WTF guy, how many times was it posted? I'm glad you took the time google google. Did you do it on your lunch break at maybe say, GOOGLE? Seriously, what is your point? Do you even have one?
    Who is to say that youtube and google are at fault? Again, really? They own the channel, they asked the questions. How many Jews did Hitler actually kill? The Jews say 6 million. I think that is a lie, I think Hitler didn't kill a single one. The Germans killed six million Jews. Who is to blame? Fucking Google, that's who. It's guilt by association. If the pres had people screen the questions he would answer then they should have told him to fuck off. It was voted on. So votes don't count now? Once again, where are you going with this. Are you an Obama fanboy, or just a Google fanboy? Everybody in that room, and advertising on that screen is who I am going to blame. Does it matter, sure. The question is, why does it matter so much to you? Are you pissed you can't censor the forum? Me go smoke a bong? Maybe you should go with out one for a while. What have you done to help legalization? I can guess.

20. you all know obamas position on legalization. no surprise here