Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to stop coughing?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by JohnLajoie, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Just toke more. eventually youll be able to handle bigger hits without coughing. not that it matters much, noobs worry about coughing too much.

2. Glass pipes (spoons) probably hit harsher than anything else. Might have something to do with it.

How well the bud was cured also has a lot to do with it.

And then there's your beginner lungs that just can't handle it yet:D

3. yah i figured why i couldnt handle it :D i just didnt know why they both did.but that kinda makes sence about using spoons.but then the other day we took hits off of a blunt and nobody coughed :/ im confused.cause i would think that would be about as harsh as a spoon

4. oh well it gets me high, i dont care if i cough :D

5. Spoons are by far the harshest hits. the lighter is burning the bowl much hotter than bud burns in a blunt and the smoke doesnt move very far from the bowl to your mouth. That's why blunts get harsher the shorter they get:smoking:

6. not alot of people know this but when you cough its because your heart rate is increasing as you are holding smoke. now im sure sometimes its because you lungs are irritated but i learned it in health class. so like when you cough you know you are geting high ahhahah. so the more you cough the higher you are going to get ahaha

7. You know what they say..."if you don't cough you don't get off!" LOL...

8. why would you wanna stop coughin? that's all part of the culture ;)

well i guess just keep using it, you're lungs will get used to it...

9. other than making the smoke as cool as possible, theres not much you can do. i cough almost everytime i smoke and i've been smoking for almost 3 years. just keep a glass of water next to you so you can take a sip, it helps you stop coughing...but it can't prevent it, obviously.

10. As stupid and simple as it might seem sometimes just giving a big healthy YEAH with a lot of emphasis on the H stops my coughing instantly, couldn't tell you how or if it works for everyone but as for now that's my secret.:smoke:

11. Better weed, better piece, more experience.

12. When you are coughing bad, put your arms up like you're being robbed. It will open your breathing passages. Yes, this does work.

13. Inhale air after your hit. The main reason you cough is there is smoke in your throat irritating it. If you inhale oxygen after your hit, it moves the smoke deeper into your lungs (getting you higher) and away from your throat. I never ever cough regardless of what piece I'm using because of this simple fact.

Also, if you do feel the need to cough, if you can, exhale first. Coughing while theres smoke in your lungs is 100 times worse than if you can wait to cough when there isnt.

14. #34 c0brah, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Yes! This!

15. Mouth wash in your bong water apparently numbs your throat havnt tried it yet though ( get a nice flavoured one mint would taste like shit)

16. #36 Heosphoros, Jul 21, 2011
    Its going to get rid of more thc though isn't it?

17. #37 Verdurous, Jul 21, 2011
    Mint, well menthol, is probably what's numbing your throat. lol

18. get crushed ice in a cup, before every hit just take about half a cube's worth, chew and swallow it. It cools your mouth & throat allowing you to take monster hits and not cough at all.

19. Use the fresh blood of cute puppies in your bong

20. But then there's no more cute puppies to hang out with while stoned. :(