Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Psoriasis

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by monsterhill, Jan 30, 2010.

1. I have read some threads somewhere that marijuana is said to be good for psoriasis
    how true this is i do not know. I toked up when i had psoriasis and i cant remember what effect it had on my skin.

But i do know after a lot of research i turned to the close relative of marijuana for relief for my psoriasis. Hemp.
    Its cold pressed oil spread on the skin has helped relieve my psoriasis within 48 hours iv noticed a big difference.

I wonder if marijauana would work the same if there was some way of making a cream or oil which coiuld be spread on the skin.

Iv tried so many things for months and month and months to try and heal my skin even tried everything the doctor could throw at me for psoriasis and nothing could even stand up to the speed and healing that hemp has done.

I believe marijuana could do the same and if anything the strerss relieving effects of marijuana i think could help psoriasis.

What gets me is that i could never find a single doctor who would recommend marijuana or hemp for my health problems "which are psoriasis ,Stress ,depression and anxiety"
    These two plants that god put on this erath do more good ofr health problems then anything else that iv tried.

I always believe that man cant create things that are as good at natural things like hemp and marijuana. They can try but many of their medicines i believe just are more harmful then weed :D
    Iv been taking hemp for 48 hours now and i am going to stick with it for months until my marijuana is ready and then take that and see what happens with my psoriasis.

I am due to see a dermatologist in 2 months time and in two months time my crop will be ready and if my skin is cleared up by then i bet they will be wondering how i cleared it up so fast
    when it had covered a good 40% of my body.

One of these days i am going to get a nice tattoo of the marijuana leaf with the medicine symbol though it like on my avatar but better.

• Like Like x 1
  2. First off, hemp and marijuana are both varieties of the same plant, Cannabis sativa. Hemp varieties produce little or no THC,- marijuana is just hemp with a THC gene.

You might find these interesting to read-

Efficacy of dietary hempseed oil in patients with atopic dermatitis. (may need free registration)
    http://www.medscape.com/medline/abstract/16019622?queryText=hempseed

Role seen for cannabis in helping to alleviate allergic skin disease
    Role seen for cannabis in helping to alleviate allergic skin disease

Marijuana Might Help Cure Allergic Contact Dermatitis (a.k.a. Poison Ivy)
    Skin Cancer - Marijuana Might Help Cure Allergic Contact Dermatitis (a.k.a. Poison Ivy)

Substances Similar To The Body's Own 'Cannabis (Marijuana) Are Necessary For Healthy Skin And May Lead To New Skin Disease Treatments
    Substances Similar To The Body's Own 'Cannabis (Marijuana) Are Necessary For Healthy Skin And May Lead To New Skin Disease Treatments

Cannabinoid system in the skin - a possible target for future therapies in dermatology.
    Cannabinoid system in the skin - a possible target for future therapies in dermatology.

Granny's cannabis skin ointment really did work, new study shows
    Granny's cannabis skin ointment really did work, new study shows // Current

The endocannabinoid system of the skin in health and disease: novel perspectives and therapeutic opportunities.
    The endocannabinoid system of the skin in health a... [Trends Pharmacol Sci. 2009] - PubMed result

And for the "how to"-

WR's Cannabalm
    WR's Cannabalm (anti-cancer)

Making HAO~Holy Annointing Oil~From Healing Hemp Oil~for Pain & Healing (forum thread)
    Making HAO~Holy Annointing Oil~From Healing Hemp Oil~for Pain & Healing - GreenPassion.org - Dedicated to Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation and Education

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. The hemp oil may help because of the fatty acids. For skin conditions, it's always great to take some orally, and to use topically as well.

I'd recommend making an oil to apply to your skin. I got a great roll-on topical from the dispensary I used to go to. I'm trying to figure out what their recipe was, though.

To make a topical oil, get some olive oil, cocoa butter, or even hemp oil. Put it in a double boiler on the stove, add trim, and let heat gently for 15-20 minutes. Let cool, put in a bottle, and you're done!

Make sure to stay away from alcohol based tinctures for your skin. You can ingest the tincture, but it will hurt like HELL if you use it on irritated skin.

4. ah i have always wondered the same thing! i have it from shouler to shoulder, covering my scalp, completying covering the inside of both my ears, behind my ears, and NOTHING works. i woujldnt wish it upon my worst enemy. i will def look at those links.

5. I would not wish it on my worst enemy either. The only thing thats worked for me to this very day is hemp oil spread on the effected area.

Iv been using hemp for 72 hours and my out break of psoriasis has nearly cleared. I dont know whats in hemp but its a miracle.

6. ill have to try some of that. mins really bad, tends to bleed a lot and shit. usually normal OTC creams work, but if i miss one day, it pops back just as bad. my dermatologist wont put me on any pills cause the side effects apparently fuck up your liver and such. glad im not the only one here with it!

7. Psoriasis sucks and im also glam im not the only one here either. Iv tried all sorts of creams and tar baths and all that kinda stuff.

The only two things that have cleared my skin up fast is hemp and coconut oil. Both works as well as one another. Dea seal salt baths work well too.

I noticed if i miss a treatment or two with the hemp or coconut oil my skin does not go back to how it was.

Only thing is its costs me like $15 a day for hemp cream from the body shop but i am confident that in a week the psoraisis that covers my hands arms legs back ,stomach and neck area will be gone.

Iv been taking the oral supplment of hemp oil too as that can help. if had it pretty bad on and off since i was 8 years old and im 26 now. If hemp continues tow ork i will always keep some hanging around. The itching alone is something else if i just left it.

I wish i knew what goodness that was in hemp that helped so much i believe it might be the omega 3 & 6.

They say hemp is a super food and has enough goodness in it to keep the human body going when there are times of food shortage.

8. I have psoriasis and I have sprayed alcohol tinctures on my spots and it did clear it up a lot but then I stopped and my spots got worse. I do believe cannabis helps psoriasis. I smoke daily and that doesn't seem to help my spots at all. Also my spots are worse in the winter.

9. I have venous stasis, which causes water retention and circulatory problems in my lower legs. The water actually leaks out of small veins and causes a blistery rash which includes dry skin and itching. Itching is bad, as even a small open wound could turn into an infection. Since MMJ (one whole week lol), NO urge to scratch and complete control over pins and needles. I'm actually up on my feet excercising a lot more. I only use edibles, btw.

10. i have severe eczema and i also was wondering about this. can anyone reccomend a certain hemp oil to either take orally or to put on my skin? i just got legalized a few days ago. thanks

11. I dont know if you have "The body shop" in your country but they sell hemp body butter
    which can be used all over the body for psoriasis or eczema and usualy within a week you notices a big difference.

Most health food stores may sell the oral supplement

If you look on

cure psoriasis with hemp oil

Has a bit of info on a couple of hemp products. Also you could use google to find shops that do hemp oil.

12. #12 Honokiol, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2014
    So I have a family history of psoriasis unbroken in the same genetic line that my asthma came down to me on.
    My mom has been trying to educate me about what to do when it shows up all my life.
    Pinkitarrva ( My best guess at the Finnish spelling for Pine Tar Soap. ) Sun light....

I've always had short term allergic skin problems hives and like that.  Been having crusty patches without the classic red allergic reaction look for a few years now too. 

During the last few weeks I've had a rash come up under my Cannabis Ointment I use to treat arthritis.  It started on my shoulders itched so bad & I was so clueless that I scratched up an infection before I figured out there was a problem,  Cleaned up the infection under medical supervision but the rash goes on and it is moving around.

It started on my shoulders.  While I was treating it there it started coming up on my neck and upper back.  There it started like a cluster of little bug bites that grew into a large continuous area.  Clueless we hit it with every thing we could think of.  Anti-Fungus stuff, Anti-Bacterial stuff, I won't use Cortisone, more Cannabis, no Cannabis. Ended with pealing slabs of skin on my shoulders like I had just got over a sun burn.  Still a little red there.  By the time my shoulders were clear my neck and upper back were fully involved.  As my upper back and shoulders got to the crusty point a scar over my tail bone where I had a cyst removed started showing symptoms.
    Now it is down around my knees and on my calf mussels behind my knees is worse than the front.

I know the above recommendation says alcohol hurts like hell, she is very right.  I have an old probably all turned to CBN home made Cannabis infused Bay Rum.  I've been putting on the rash instead of the ointment any place where the rash is or was and it is really helping with the itch.  I also turned my fish oil back up to 6 a day ( about 5 gm total ) from 4.  I had added flax seed meal and was trying to stay in caloric balance for weight loss. Seems to be clearing up now without any new breakouts.  I'm using my regular ointment any where the rash is not active or in the clearing phase.

Did something infect the rash that the alcohol killed?   Did my immune system start running away when I trimmed back my Omega-3 fats, was it my first round of full on psoriasis?  If it was why didn't my standard topical cannabis keep it from erupting that way.

Can some of the psoriasis patients share their experience?

13. You may find this article to be of interest. I had to snip the second batch of photos because this is a "slippery" article that wants to include a bunch of text along with the photos. So I snipped them, rather than have more text than I wanted. The link leads to the full article which details his treatment.

I have a patch of very mild psoriasis just below my left elbow, but I rub it down daily with canna-oil made with a mix of hemp seed oil and olive oil (Balanced Omega 3 & 6 from the hemp seed oil, and Omega 9 from the olive oil). It rarely itches and barely noticeable.

Topical Cannabinoids for the Management of Psoriasis Vulgaris: Report of a Case and Review of the Literature. (photos) (USA) (article – 2020)
    Topical Cannabinoids for the Management of Psoriasis Vulgaris

[​IMG]
    Posted on August 23, 2021 by NEXT STEPS IN DERM TEAM
    Topical Cannabinoids for the Management of Psoriasis Vulgaris
    Authors Adam J. Friedman MD, Kimia Momeni BS, and Mikhail Kogan MD present a case of a young man with psoriasis managed with topical cannabinoids.

Introduction
    The interest in use of medical cannabis for chronic dermatologic conditions such as psoriasis, eczema, and acne has been growing mostly owing to rapidly emerging decriminalization across the country and impressive commercially driven popularization of a variety of cannabinoid preparations including topical forms such as creams, salves, lotions, lubricants, and many others. However, while the market is exponentially growing, the rate at which mechanistic and clinical evidence supporting the use of cannabinoids in a litany of diseases is significantly slower. In fact, Robinson et al highlighted significant gaps in dermatologists understanding of the biology of cannabinoids and comfort with this space, further highlighting the great need to disseminate information throughout the medical community.¹ Along this vein, we present a case of a young man with psoriasis managed with topical cannabinoids.

And before and after photos from later in the article after just 2 weeks!

upload_2022-8-28_5-10-22.png

Hope this helps!

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hiya,
    Sorry for your skin condition .
    Most Drs won't give info on stuff they don't know about and can get sued for, if they did. Most Drs only care about covering the ills ,not fixing naturally.
    Here's lotion I make. The yarrow root makes it less oily . If I was you,I'd skip the essential oil scents till you know for sure it won't hurt you.
    2 cups fractured cannibus coconut oil .
    1/3 cup bee wax.
    1 cup aloe vera gel.
    1 teaspoon vitamin e oil.
    2 tablespoons shea butter or cocoa butter.
    1/8 cup yarrow root power.
    Essential oil of choice.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ever try coal or pine tar? it helps many. The CBD oil is very likely a very small % Cbd & a lot of "whatever" oil Coconut??? used to make your mix. Would a tincture concentrate work??? :confused_2: If your mix works :metal:with it. :thumbsup: