Is Marijuana Legal in Canada?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by DMX, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Oh Canada how I envy you haha. Not even the Cannabis but the overall weather....seems chill...literally :p

2. Believe it or not, that article is from my city and that grow up was 3 minutes drive down my road.. I thought the area smelled pretty badly of skunk while that grow up was taking place... lol

3. Crazy shit but life in prison? Are you fucking serious!?

4. This is spot on, except you can usually get a discount if you buy an ounce, at least here on Van Isle you can get an ounce of top shelf stuff for 180.

It's also true that you'll run into people trying to sell you some, at a pot rally one time I in Vancouver there was a guy openly carrying a big bag with a bunch of dimebags in it. He asked me if I wanted one. I would have said yes if I had had any money at the time.

5. Hempfest near the Vancouver Art Gallery is EPIC...I was there last year...and holy crap...there was SOOOOO much bud!!! The cops basically stand around the outside area guiding traffic. It really is pretty epic. Most people are friendly and nice...and the smoke sells usually for around 10$/gram. Which is the common price in Canada.

6. I thought they legalized it Quebec this year what happened with that.

7. ...that was your imagination...

8. Bro if that was the case i'd have 35 plants in my basement. Dad says no plants untill legalization. Please legalize so i don't have to buy weed anymore. thank you

9. [quote name='"Broses"']

...that was your imagination...[/quote]

No it wasn't my imagination but I was wrong it was Ontario the courts deemed the legalization of marijuana to be unconstitutional in 2011 and gave the government a deadline to change the laws by july but gave them an extension I don't know what's going on now I think they want to take it to higher courts

10. Look up r. V. mernagh you probably know more about it than me

11. hence why i said it was your imagination.

you had every single part of the story wrong....

12. We're waiting for a verdict on that.. Apparently they can take as long as they want.

13. and that is bullshit lol.

i swear when they actually went to court for the final time, it was said they had 90 days to make a decision.

if they can take as long as they want, theyll just ignore it forever... or atleast until harper is out of office.

14. [quote name='"cdh420dmt"']

No it wasn't my imagination but I was wrong it was Ontario the courts deemed the legalization of marijuana to be unconstitutional in 2011 and gave the government a deadline to change the laws by july but gave them an extension I don't know what's going on now I think they want to take it to higher courts[/quote]

They want to take it to "higher" courts lol...
    No you're not wrong donny

15. #95 blacknote, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2012
  16. #96 1994styles, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2012
    Weed is 100% illegal in every province/territory in Canada. Although it is here for sure, you need to be careful. Anything can cause police to search you in a vehicle, ive had it done a few times and been extremely lucky.
    If they smell weed in your vehicle but find nothing, they still will send it to a compound. Its dangerous up here mang.
    Being caught with weed = criminal record if youre over 18, and if you are under, you still go to court for anything. I have a friend whos still under 18 and hes been to court 4 times, all weed related. Definately gotta be careful.

Oh yeh, i have no idea whats up with BC. Apparently you can free roam and smoke dope and the police wont do shit...but i dont know. Dont quote me heh!

17. ^I live in BC, they're pretty chill here. Even with under-aged smokers most people just mind their own business. I've seen tons of people just smoking a joint while walking down the side walk in down-town Vancouver, and from what I saw they weren't hassled by any citizens or police officers. Idk, I wouldn't do it personally, but the cops her seem pretty chill.

18. R v Mernagh No News Is Good Toking | Matt Mernagh

Judging by this article the verdict shouldn't take any longer then one year to decide. But looking at what this court is going to do, I doubt much will happen other then the change of medical cannabis process / access. On another hand, the doctors failure to prescribe may require for the legalization / decrim of cannabis? It'll be interesting to hear.

19. Ontarios pretty chill. Was busted a couple times when i was underage smoking in parks and theyd usually just tell you to go somewhere else and sometimes take it. Was recently caught smoking a joint down the street and the cop just ran my name and when nothing came up told me to carry on. Raids around here usually end in fines as long as there are no unmentionables.

20. I live In Canada! Its pretty much decriminalized. Check webehigh for diff cities views on it