Volcano Vaporizer worth it?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by 32paths, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Well said dude, thanks !

2. I started smoking back in March, my boyfriend is a stoner. After using a bowl for a week, I wondered about the "Volcano" he'd been talking about...so I bought one. Best high ever.

HOWEVER - if you want to be functional, don't buy one.

I leave the Cano with my bf when I'm not around and just use a bowl. Why? Because when I smoke a bowl, I can actually go to class, do homework, function in the office etc. After smoking from the Cano, all I can muster the energy to do is giggle, nosh a little, play a game or two, then pass out.

3. After reading every post in this thread, I have come to the conclusion that aerogardenguy is a duece and a troll. But I found that out in his first post, so really I just wasted my time in this thread haha. But really, the Volcano is a super nice piece to own.

One downside to the volcano is the price. I got mine for pretty much half off though so I aint trippin!

4. I think I might get a volcano when I become a rich drug dealer one day. :D

5. I bought a Volcano Digital. Can't wait for it to come.

6. I would stay away from aliminum heating bases

7. LOL !! I just read this. Too funny, but soooo true.

8. Why are you so defensive? lol

Trust me when i say theres definite cause for concern with alimunum heating bases. I'm personally convinced they arent safe. I had a volcano for 3 years, shortly after vapeing from it everyday, i noticed my lymph glands begin to swell, and hurt, and it's gotten a lot worse to the point where it may be something really bad. When i don't use the volcano, my lymph nodes dont hurt, and sometimes they swell down a bit. The fact that my lymph nodes would react this way (or even at all, they only are supposed to swell when toxins enter your body) to the volcano is very suspicious to me

Say what you want, but thats my opinion from personal experiences. Granted, i've never tried ceramic either, but i sure as hell wish i never bought the aliminum based volcano

9. ive had my volcano for 5 years now. id say ive used it every day except a few. ive never had a problem with it. ive owned a few other vapes and some do compare with overall "highness"but the volcano just makes weed taste so much better than other vapes. plus its super easy to use and the whole bag thing is way more practical when smoking in groups than a whip or something. i dont know, i love my volcano and will never switch.

10. Must not have had my morning coffee. lol. Man, that post was a loooong time ago. I'm kinda mellower now. ;)

11. According to Storz & Bickel, the aluminum heating base doesn't get anywhere near the proper temp to start releasing toxic emmissions.

VOLCANO Vaporizer - Detailed answers for questions regarding a vaporizer

6. Does the aluminium heating block emit any substances which are subsequently inhaled by the user?

No. the top temperature reached in the heating block 240C (464F) is by far below the temperature that is needed to emit any substances out of the aluminium alloy AlMgSi, melting point 660C (1220F); boiling point 2519C (4566F) used by us. This is documented by an analysis of the air produced by the Volcano on top temperature made by the UTM Office for Environmental Engineering in Münster, Germany

http://www.storz-bickel.com/pdf/Heat Exchanger Alu Study.pdf

12. Yeah I'm not worried about my Volcano releasing deathly fumes, I mean The Volcano is the most studied vaporizer on the market(That I know of). Im sure If the heating element was releasing some kind of toxic fumes we would have heard about that shit already.

13. lol, you forgot your morning vape session :smoke:

14. Jesus Christ, the Volcano is awesome. The grinder they supplied was kickass, and then I used the actual vaporizer. I started out at 160C to get some THC into my brain and giggled away as I filled bag after bag. Cranked the temp up a bit, following my chart of cannabinoids and their vaping temperatures. I decided to go up to 220C and see how much vapor came out: more!

Damn I'm happy with my purchase. I can't wait to show my dad and maybe get him off the joints.

15. Volcano is nice....but I ended up trading mine for an Illadelph bong with a Coil.... kinda miss the volcano but i jsut couldnt resist that trade.

16. Can you put wax in the volcano

17. So i have this cheap chinese top-vapor vape that i havent hsed in 3 years bcause the whip broke. After looking up all this stuff about lead i found that there WERE knockoff chinese vapes being made with LEAD PAINT on the body. This is probably what you are arguing about.

I was reading stories about people working with lboiling lead in factories that never experienced lead poisoning. Lead is dangerous if you ingest it it, and its far more dangerous to children than adults. Plus the melting temp of lead is over 600 degrees F.

Basically if you had lead poisoning youd know it. I doubt that even if there is trace amounts of lead in the heating element, it wouldnt get hot enough to harm you. People lived in houses filled with lead paint for centuries and were fine. Unless you have a forge, put a piece of lead in there, and breathe in the vapor, this things shouldnt be a concern.

Also why would a reputable company like volcano use a potentially harmful substance?

Ill stick to smoking joints and edibles anyways