Best Trimming Tool/Machine

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by joe_fresh, Jan 18, 2010.

1. I've just done witnessed the trim reaper (new model has a red lid) and it worked really well. It costs $1500. Cut down a few plants at a time, pull off the bud, put five-six wet ounces in the machine and turn it on. The thing is to create a system where one person is cutting down plants or is still taking the bud off of the stems while one person puts the bud into the machine or is taking it out of the machine. Urban grower has a video of it on you tube. That's the older model though. The newer one works great. Urban grower says go for a minute to two minutes but we went for 3-4 sometimes. It is fantastic with the small poo buds. And the shake or trimmings is so finely cut up by those 4 blades that you'll have a lot to dry and smoke or bake with.

2 people, 6-7 pounds of wet weed, cut down five plants sea of green, at a time...that took approx 6 hours to do with the machine.

It's a big machine but it's not cumbersome and you can take it over to a buddy's house and use it...they pay you for your time and the machine. If you're willing to do that. The other bigger machine...yu have a big machine there and I doubt you'll be taking it to anyone else. So you have no rental revenue coming to you if you opt for those big and bulky machines. Depends on what your needs are.

It takes another hour to clean it all up after the session is over. I've talked to several people who have medical grows and they like the trim reaper. For 5-10 pounds this one machine can do that easy in one night. You just need to get a system down to prepping your wet bud and that comes quickly. Some people who have 20-50 pounds of weed use two trim reapers and four people doing a good system of prep.

The trim reaper - just one machine...it's awesome if you can have three people. All three prep the bud constantly and then one other person also puts the weed in the machine and takes it out. That way you go faster. Two people works but it's slower and one person is slow because there's so much work to do in prep.

Investigate the trim reaper. I give it two thumbs up. After your weed is trimmed by the machine, you'll inspect your weed for stems or leafy bits that weren't cut up that great. There's a few in every batch you but into it. You're eye is very important to catch those. Pull them out and put them back in with the next batch.

Have fun. Don't forget to turn on the music while you're doing this!

Boobs:D

2. Sorry guys...I need to clarify a mistake I made when I said how much weed I saw the trim reaper do in 6 hours. I would say that I watched 10-12 pounds of wet weed trimmed up and this will dry up to be between 5-6 pounds dry. Hard to say because it was wet when it was put into the trimmer and now needs 5 days to dry.

I was really impressed by this machine! It's a great machine for the small grows of 5-20 pounds wet. Get a party of three people working with it and you'll get your weed trimmed up super quick and in good condition. It's not the machine that will slow down how much weed you do in one night. It's the system you create with your team. Can't emphasize that enough. The machine is like a starving great white shark. It'll take as much as you give it.

Oh yes, before I forget, one minor detail is to make sure you coat all the bits of steel with a coating of canola oil before you start. It doesn't have a smell to it is why they suggest this in the instructions. Helps with being able to take off the green residue which builds up over everything after you go past a few pounds of wet weed.

Make sure you get the tim reaper with the red lid. That's the newest model.

Best of luck.

Boobs

3. Just got my trim pro rotor for 1700 cdn, gosh baby where have you been all my life, turned a 6 day trimming session into 2 day WooHoo

4. Centurionpro trimmers for suuure!! I didn't like the noisiness either but they have a silver bullet and it has a silencer and its not too bad. I also got a quantanium tumbler so it doesn't wreck the bud like all the other trimmers do which is awesome