Adding pure honey and watter to soil plant. Questioin

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by tyizer, Jan 17, 2010.

1. :confused:Hey GC i was just wondering if you can add a mix of honey and biling water well mixed cooled and givin to the plants when wattering , what affects on the plant do you tink this will have, keep in mind im using pure honey.

2. sounds like a really bad idea. :poke:

3. Sounds like you'll clog up your soil.

4. Think it'll have the same benefits as using Molasses? May be wrong though, still don't completely understand why Molasses is beneficial (i know, micronutrients/bateria etc but what amounts and stuff (im high moving into my new apt so blahh))

5. I wouldn't try it to risky IMO.

I would try adding a few drops of vanilla into my water a few hours before harvest though..:smoking:

6. hours? you seriously think it sucks it up and transfers it throughout the whole plant that fast?

7. Yeah but it's dumb, just grow yo weed fool. I don't add shit, get the dankies.

8. #8 Hydr0ponics, Jan 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2010

Want your pot to smell like vanilla? Vanilla extract is cheap and readily available, so is lemon extract (cooking variety). Other extracts can be found in stores that specialize in baking supplies.
    Lets say you can't find any of that and you want to use what you have on hand. I took the example of orange flavoring. If all you have is orange juice you could use that.
    I would suggest filtering it first to get out as much of the pulp as possible. A coffee filter works well but it'll take a while to filter it all.
    You may have to change filters a few times. Those with hydroponic units will shudder at the thought of a lot of goop going through their system. That's why I suggested the concentrated extracts if you can find them.
    It's important to do this shortly before harvest. For one thing, most extracts including the ones you make up yourself have a lot of sugar in them. This sugar will ferment and decay rapidly, even more so in a hydro unit.

With hydro I recommend putting the flavoring in the water between 1 and 3 hours before harvest. This rule isn't set in stone but I heard from one grower who used a sugar based clearing solution on his crop and less than 24 hours later the water was foaming from bacteria growth.
    Plants draw up solution fairly quickly so one hour should be enough for some of the flavoring to reach the top.
    Three hours should not be enough time for bacteria to grow but you will want to dump out the solution right afterwards and clean out your unit.
    Remember to use plain water for a few days before harvesting your hydro crop so all that will be in the water will be the flavoring.
    If you are a soil grower it's even easier. You might think it would take longer for the flavor to work it's way through the plant but this is not the case.
    All you have to do is let the plant dry out a little before your apply the solution. In other words schedule a watering just before harvest.

^^ All from jcj77d

9. hmm, so maybe im wrong. this is a once in a lifetime event, so remember this!!!

seriously though, thats interesting as hell. I didnt think it did it that fast, im still not 100% convinced that you can flavor bud that fast TBH.

I thought flavoring had a lot to do with terpenes and stuff?

10. You can use honey instead of molasses. Honey, as well as molasses, has natural anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.

Just make sure you use it in the same quantities as you would molasses in this treatment.

Peace,
    Bak Alchisk

11. Thanks to all who posted,

the rason i was aking about pure hiney was to add it as a nutrient and, not to make my buds more dank, cuz there no probs in that department lol :p

special thanls to Bak Alcsisk for letting me know i can use it instead of molasses.