Everything You Want To Know About Vaporizers

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by majicbunnie, Jan 13, 2010.

1. #21 lwien, Jan 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2010
    Best way to know if you're getting a legit vape that doesn't have any toxic material in the vapor path, and that won't break down, is to purchase one that has at least a one year warranty on it, and that they provide the address of manufacture if you need to send it in for warranty repair. If they don't provide that warranty and they don't provide an address of manufacture, it means that they don't want to be held accountable if anything should go wrong. Typically, these kinds of vapes are Chinese made and I would stay far away from them. With that being said, there are some great vapes on the market, some with a lifetime warranty, that sells for under 100 bucks, such as the LaunchBox. If you want to get into a good home unit that is AC powered, look to spend between 150 to 200 bucks.

There is no such thing as a ligit AC powered vape that sells for under 100 dollars.

2. Thank you for your many many many answers on various forums, but you still didn't answer my original question. Would there be any risks of the vaporizer breaking down as opposed to a Buddah? Or would it just be worth it to save up another $50 and get a buddah?

3. If I were you and you wanted a nice home unit, I would get the Da Buddha(aka DBV). I have one and I can say its really nice. It really depends on what yoru looking for though.
    I think that is the best in its price range.
    the dbv is pretty much unbreakable, except for the glass components but those are cheap and easy to replace anyway, not that anything should happen.
    With any vape its a good idea to have a spare whip just in case.
    If you want to make it easier for yourself right now, order a DBV and dont ask questions until your setting it up in front of you.

There are more efficent vapes, but it will take a very, VERY long time to recieve.

edit: You wont find ANY vaporizer for 50 bucks, so just save up the rest for something taht will last a while

4. VaporGenie, 55 bucks. Quality vape with a lifetime warranty and free shipping from their site.

5. yea thats 55 and I said 50.
    Sure I may be splitting hairs, but he doesnt want a portable vape at all, let alone that one. IMO the VG sucks, i have one and it just sits there collecting dust to be honest.

6. alright i didnt even look at what he wanted i was just saying there are vapes for around 50. what's so bad about it? i've seen plenty of good reviews.

7. Just as a counter opinion, I have a VG and I don't think it sucks. It was my very first vape and I got HUGE vapor clouds out of it. The taste leaves a bit to be desired though, and when you go portable, it doesn't do too well out in the wind, but for 55 bucks, it's a great intro into the world of vaping without spending a lot of money before you find out if you like vaping or not. There's a lot of people that like their VaporGenies and some that don't.............just like any other vape.

8. It didnt say its a total POS, just that I really dont like it, and its not for me. And since its not hard to burn it accidently, and I really value that taste of my vapor as well, its not my style. I dont actually need something portable anyway.
    Im sure there are many people who love it and it fits their needs and price better then other vaporizers on the market. I was just throwing my opinion out there, and thank you for the reputation, much appreicated.

9. And I as well.

Sure thing. It's well deserved. You provide a lot solid information here.

10. Thanks for all the nice comments everyone, and also thanks to those in the comments answering questions and providing information, it complements the thread very nicely. Definitely +rep from me to you guys for what it's worth.

Happy Toking.

11. I have NEVER used a vape before and I was wondering:

How would you pass it around with friends? Would you just let it heat up for a minute or two and take your hit then wait another minute or two and let your friend hit it?

How many hits (on average) are in the bowl? Is it just one or two per bowl or 4+ like a regular pipe would be?

And would buying a easy vape on ebay or something be good for starters?

12. For my vape(Da Buddda, aka DBV) i have friends chill out and when its their turn for a hit they come over to the vape or a second to take their pull. I let the unit heat up for 3-4 minutes, then take continuous rips, it stays hot until you turn it off entirly.

The number of hits depends on how much you pack, what type of vape you use, and how thick/thin the vapor you want is. I usually get at least 4 or 5 fat rips off of .2-.3. Its better to aim for smaller thinner hits that youc an hold in until nothing is exhaled.

No dont buy an easy vape, all ebay vapes are POS and are dangerous to use because of the cheap materials. I reccomend either a Magic Flight Luanch Box if you want stealth and portability, or a Da Buddha as a good stable home unit. The 'Box is less then 100 bucks and the DBV is around 200. They are diferent types of vaporizers though

13. Alright dude thanks for the info. I was looking at the Magic Flight and I heard it was really good but the battery only lasted for around 1 bowl and you would have to charge it for around 8 hours before you can vape another bowl. I would have to buy a battery charger as well ontop of that.

14. No the new one does not come with a charger unless you pay like 10 bucks extra.
    You can buy energizer 15-minute chargers just make sure you get the right type of batteries with it. Plus it comes iwth two batteries already taht are fully chraged and ready to go. Theres a review thread on it in Toking tools somewhere posted by Lean.

15. Solid questions from BMM Punk, and great answers yet again from NYC Diesel, adding a section that answers those questions to the guide now.

16. Just posting what has been updated, as I stated in the article it was a first draft so I am going to continue to add information / answer questions members have posed in this thread to make the guide more complete. I added 3 sections entitled 'How should I pull the hit from my vaporizer?', 'I left my vaporizer sitting on after a hit and noticed some vapor was leaking out, why was this?', and 'Is it better to take big hits out of the vaporizer or smaller ones?'

Also, i replaced the china-made whip style vape picture with a more suitable picture of da buddha.

Also, I somehow missed the second half of lwien's post back on the first page, namely this:

I will work on adding some information about these vaporizers to make the guide more complete.

17. I actually checked out that review before I posted here. It seems alright but if I am on the go I would need a few charged batteries.

18. So what? One battery is smaller then a bic lighter, I honestly dont see the problem if theres less smell, and less herb consumed.
    And with an Iolite, you would always need to carry a big can of Butane around with you. The 'Box is just the smallest there is, I cant wait to get one.