The Official Stoners Guide To Music

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Mango720, Jan 10, 2010.

1. #1 Mango720, Jan 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2010
    Music definitely makes your experience much more interesting and enjoyable, so I figured I should start a thread for good albums to listen to while high. I'll add more as I think of them. Post any suggestions. :D
    ●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
    The Beach Boys

The Beatles
    • Abbey Road

Bob Marley
    • Exodus

Led Zeppelin
    • Mothership

Michael Franti and Spearhead
    • All Rebel Rockers

Pink Floyd
    • Dark Side of The Moon

Tool

2. you NEED to watch 'Darkside of the Rainbow'. its wizard of oz and dark side of the moon. everyone in their life needs to smoke and watch it.

3. Felt
    Atmosphere
    Brother Ali
    Living Legends
    Matisyahu
    Murs
    1200 Micrograms
    Infected Mushroom
    Animal Collective

4. See I find I like the same genre of music I usually like, just the more chill songs. I personally like rap music, so when I'm high I enjoy rap music not the same music as you guys. I just like different stuff, like alot of wiz khalifa and stuff.

This is kinda like rap, kinda not, but you all need to listen to clouds over montana by sin filip feat. sam ventura when high

and this is a rap song, but it's different and great, check out la la la by chris webby

5. I'm glad you listen to Tool while high.. I'm going to guess you're a lyrics person and make some reccomendations.

Jeffrey Lewis - The last time I did acid I went insane (not just because of a loose drug reference, it is awesome
    (its more like poetry with a bit of acoustic guitar, but he is an awesome wordsmith)
    Queens of the stone age - the self titled album + r-rated EP,

Florence and the machine - Lungs

I can't reccomend albums, but I love the voice of P J harvey

6. I think I'll listen to them.

Hey, thanks for all the recommendations guys. I'll try them out next time :smoke:

7. yall need to listen 2 some tallica when ur high, blackened(...and justice for all) will blow ur mind

8. I love metallica, but I haven't listened to it while high... yet.... :bongin:

9. Whenever I listen to metallica high,

I hear different words to what are actually there.

10. same, but its one of the best things ive ever done, almost better than eating, just pu on blackened, close my eyes and trip balls

11. well get me some of wut ur smoking my tolerance is so strong now i have to have 2 huge bowls of this dank sativa bfor imma baked

12. anything and everything.
    explore all genres and find things that you like about every one. there's always at least one good song in every genre.
    when your high you should open your mind and try to understand the music the way the artists want you to understand it, listen to the subtleties as well as the overall sound and just let yourself be immersed in the music.

theres always going to be better music and worse music, experiment with it until you find out for yourself what music is "good" and whats not.

13. I agree and disagree with this statement. Yes there is some good shit in most genres you're looking through some music is just fucking garbage. Here's some albums I happen to enjoy whilst baked mah freindz!

The Adolescents - The Adolescents
    Antoine Dufour - Existence
    Bad Brains - Bad Brains
    Black Sabbath - Master Of Reality
    Boris - either Pink or Heavy Rocks
    Buckethead - Pretty much anything by him really
    Busdriver - Temporary Forever
    Butthole Surfers - Almost anything before Electriclarryland
    Eyehategod - Dopesick or Take As Needed For Pain
    Funkadelic - Maggot Brain, Cosmic Slop, or Funkadelic
    Gang Of Four - Entertainment!
    Kaki King - ...Until We Felt Red
    Meat Puppets - Meat Puppets or Meat Puppets II
    Melvins - Bullhead
    Miles Davis - Sketches of Spain or Bitches Brew
    Motorhead - any of their first 4 albums
    Mr. Bungle - anything
    Mudhoney - Superfuzz Bigmuff
    Richard Hell & The Voidoids - Blank Generation
    Samhain - Initium
    Sleep - Holy Mountain
    Witch Hunt - Blood-Red States

Add any of em to the list if you feel like it, they're all great albums IMHO.

14. im pretty sure thats what i was saying... not all music is good, some of it doesnt deserve to be even called music, what im saying is that you have to have an open mind and determine for yourself what falls under those categories.

15. #16 Roland_Deschain, Jan 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2010
    I like the way you think.

EDIT: As far as albums go, I would suggest anything by Frank Zappa, Powerslave by Iron Maiden, and most classic rock.

16. Check, The Beach Boys "Pet Sounds" (debated as the greatest album) and Brian Wilson "Smile" (what would have been debated as the greatest album if it'd been released when originally recorded).

Kokomo has no Brian Wilson input so the sound will be different (it's not a bad thing though). This is when the man was at the peak of his smoking and music writing. If you enjoy them the story behind them is equally as legendary as the music.

17. I love iron maiden :hello:

18. I'm listening to Powerslave right now. :bongin:

19. idk about whole albums but the song Electric Feel by MGMT is a good one