Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Rub a Dub

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Rotten Egg, Jan 9, 2010.

1. I use it on the regular...but from the dispensaries its pretty expensive...i was wondering if anyone knows how to make it

2. is it a soap?

3. no its a rub on type of ointment..helps with pain relief and headaches and stuff

4. I assume its oil based?

5. I just did some google checking, and I didn't even find anything online about it. Sorry pal :\

6. Well, it could be a number of things, I'm going to go ahead and throw 2 pennies into the hat by saying its some form or another of fat/oil based substance possibly alcohol combined with a petroleum jelly like product.

You can also get beeswax, canna-oil and glycerin, mix them together and you might just have your end product.

7. yea i googled it too...its a jelly like product for sure! i use it all the time and its 20 bucks

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Here is a quote from a medical place in Colorado to a question about topical use for joint pain/arthritis.

"We have topical lotions and oils for joint and muscle pain. The C2 and C4 receptors in the human body attuned directly to cannabinoids found in marijuana, its been found that it is extremely helpful for joint pain management. The tea also include basil, beebalm, horehound, hyssop, lemon, marjoram, oregano (this time not a code word for mary jane), peppermint rosemary, sage, svory, spearmint, thyme, and ginger. Most compounds are anti arthritic as well as high in anti-oxidents."

I have never used any and don't know how it is made. I would assume probably the addition of hash oil into a balm base?

9. they also sell it here locally in a lip balm...hmm...i just dont wanna drop 20 bucks for it since its not that big of a quantity

10. If not already mentioned, it is petroleum based, which is unfortunate. The lady at the dispensary said she rubs it on her feet for an all day enjoyment. But, unless she has open sores, cuts etc on her feet she isn't absorbing much.
    5-3. FACTORS AFFECTING SURFACE DRUG ABSORPTION

They should really think about changing it from petrol.

11. Lip balctually makes more sense. Since it absorbs easier via mucous or sebaceous means.