Your favorite strains! Jack Herer? Eldorado? Blueberry?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by sprout, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Another big fan of Strawberry Cough here :) And I'll add a nod for Sour Diesel and OG Kush as well

2. Thanks a lot kerenski, that's really what I was after.

Lots of strawberry cough on here, but I've never seen it in my area. I've always asked dealers what strain they're selling and most around here act clueless, and like they're tired of hearing the question. I've only ever heard I was smokin NL, AK, Diesel, Bubblegum and Blueberry, and that was probably bullshit half the time.

If there was ever a place to grow your own, it's here!

3. Ordered sannie's mix of indica and sativa from Sanniesshop.com. Sent cash in an envelope, which is a great way to stay under the radar. I hope Sannie is legit :smoke:

4. I have had great results with White Widow- both growing and smoking:)

SD

5. I grow my own Strawberry Cough, it's an easy to grow plant that looks and smells great :) The seeds I use are from Dutch Passion, via Attitude.

6. Nice, I think I'll try attitude next time just to compare.

Sannie did deliver, but the mixes I got didn't keep the strains separate like it shows online. 12 seeds, supposedly 4 of each strain, but they're all in a bag together so I have no idea what seed is what. Seems like it would be easy and better to have them in separate bags, and for $50 I was kinda surprised to find them mixed together. Maybe that's common knowledge, but I didn't realize it was so literal - indica mix.

7. Taking all advices you made your choice.
    Now next step ... germination & buds quality.

$50 is 10 Romulan's but you got 12 "unknown" seeds. :wave:

8. #28 jimbo7, Jan 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2010
    Attitude also has an 'always on' 10% off code, "420". So if you order anything from them remember to use that code ;)

Yeah, that would piss me off. I have exactly enough room to grow 4 plants if I LST them, so I want to know exactly what I'm growing. I tend to buy one of each of the seeds I want, and change it up with every grow (though i usually do 1 Strawberry Cough :) ) A dozen who knows what seeds would piss me off. I'd rather plant 4 seeds and grow 4 different strains, but that's just me.

9. i smoked some amazing jack herer in amsterdam last year (at HGF) and now i want to grow it myself. unfortunately i don't know which breeder the JH was from.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/smoke-reports/693928-dutch-vacation-16-days-15-strains-pics.html

a friend gifted me 5 fem JH seeds from greenhouse for capitalismas (i wouldn't have bought from them myself, but hey, free seeds are free seeds)

is it worth growing them out? anyone know of a comparision between the sensi JH and the GHS version?

10. i heard the GHS jack herer was on point. however if u want the legit original 15 year old strain, go sensi. I grew out GHS bubba kush, kings kush and super lemon haze. the one most resembling clone only being kings kush, really reminded me of OG kush and out of the pick and mix i received it was definitely a favorable fast finishing frosty one with the structure of the nug really closely resembling the clone. the SLH i grew tasted nothing like the one i got in amsterdam from greenhouse.. but i heard they use sweeteners and extract to enhance the flavor pre-harvest. GHS has the money and ability to easily obtain these clone only strains and cross them as they see fit to make seedworthy strains. obviously the bigger the grow the more seeds produced leave more room for more error and less quality control which is why most people stear clear of GHS.

11. thanks, 420Report.

i might grow the sensi version besides the GHS version to compare. not sure yet.

sensi are insanely expensive, and i haven't smoked much from them yet, but what i had so far was pretty decent.

interesting info about the SLH - i had some in amsterdam and it really tasted very lemony. overall the whole ghs operation just turns me off. they seem so arrogant.

12. i've had TERRIFIC viability from sativa seeds/nirvana sativas. i WANTED sativa seeds' mexican sativa (probably el dorado now) & their jock x el dorado is probably the same as nirvana's discontinued jock oaxican.

i tell you, SS' full moon thai is a BITCH! 3 months in when i'm harvesting C99 & LSD, it's just starting to flower after faking autumn in 16 oz cups when the cindys & acid were in their 2 gallons & fruiting.

the best shit i've smoked since 1985 except for the 1/2 gram of haze bud i was recently gifted, possibly a durban poison gram i was gifted in the late 90s and my recent daisy sized dwarfed super cali haze was the mandala 8 miles high i sampled from 1 tall gal & 2 or 3 shorties when it started budding with the intent of cloning it to finish with my scrawny C99 harvest. it is totally neutral on the couchlock to racy scale and just leaves you with a blissfull motivational buzz that wants to do something fun already, especially if it involves music & dancing, but chilling & thinking are fine too. it's literally a perfect any time buzz that might not be the most potent (i smoked a low dose of early bud mind you) but is totally 1st class in the effects it does give.

it's out of stock at attitude and sadly i only had 2 out of 5 starts survive this round after 3 or 4 gals from the 1st one and one of those is a male. i'm thinking of taking him back out of my my kitchen cupboard and letting him go in and spray they just starting to flower haze skunk & just starting to SEX full moons along with a tiny urban poison, hashberry, onyx, la blanca, mataro blue, lemon skunk, trainwreck (?) & possibly a california hashplant.

i loved the buzz from 8 miles high so much. it had it's own "super precise body control" effect that was a blast and not exactly like the effects of potent & trippy columbian gold. it is definitely more psychoactive than similar (old school!) kali mist & C99 though sharing their bliss & euphoria, but is much better at chilling out to tunes where they want to skip out the door or find ANYTHING to do. i loved the totally neutral buzz and will be getting more 8 miles high again soon and possibly often. i could smoke nothing but that the rest of my life and be happy if not satisfied that it doesn't have the stronger than a weak LSD trippy visual effects of a good sativa. there's an upside to that though... no coughing until you hack your toenail's up followed by head spinning dizziness, nausea & good old fashioned "i gotta git the the fuck outta here!" pseudo-paranoia followed later by real wallpaper your walls with conspiracy theories grade paranoia down the road. those effects are worth the risk though for the sheer EVERYTHING is fun sensory orgasmic effects you can only get from sativas or the best elite crosses.

if smoking carefully grown mid 80s california columbian gold is like driving a quarter million dollar super car that has another quarter million in tuning & upgrades, then smoking 8 miles high is like having a blast carving canyons in a feisty honda civic. it's a totally reliable & comfortable ride without both the LITERAL & figurative high maintenance issues related to IBL sativas. if everyone got to smoke this shit, the world would be a much better place. until i find better, it's my favorite, and like the columbian gold of legend, will always hold a special sentimental place in my heart for FINALLY getting me out of stonerton and on the road to "WTF, my feet aren't touching the ground anymore!" bliss again... FUCKING FINALLY MOTHERFUCKER!!!! 25 YEARS WIZARD OF OZ MY FUCKING HAIRY SPHINCTER!

if you want something done right, you just gotta DIY!

i didn't like barney's LSD as much. it has mild psychoactivity & euphoria, but there's also always a stony edge to it. it starts out by immediately making your eyelids feel heavy but otherwise doesn't fuck with your mobility, for a while that is, but it creeps up on you after even just one session and knocks your ass out after the movie's over. mine grew tiny & sticky with a mild but sickenly sweet cat piss/spray on grapes & flowers odor that mellows into more of a hazey dried grapes odor that's nice later on. if getting stoned doesn't make you fighting mad, you might like this strain which is at least worthy of breeding for it's special effects. i expect similarly hazey grapes pheno C99 would make a perfect cross as this could add psychoactivity to cindy while she counters the stone with her bouncy cheerleader energy. i will try it again with lowryders likely as i seek the perfect couchlock free & preferably psychoactive lowryder starter strain for miniaturizing whatever's left of IBL sativas.

i REALLY liked the tease i got out of my stunted to daisy sized super cali mist freebie. it too had that familiar grape odor with ample sticky resin glands but also had a great buzz that wasn't too far off real haze in the 1/2 gram or so of tiny leaf & pod trim i blazed after pulling a few C99 bastards out of their pods. i won't be able to fill a room with my half dozen or so beans without cloning, but i expect something interesting to come out of that.

i'm jealous of all the pics i've seen of healthy SCH growing and still stretching like a sativa despite being a lowryder knowing that even if they aren't getting cash crop levels of yield, those folks will be getting some really nice bud the likes of which you'll NEVER see hitting the streets

i REALLY want to cross 8 miles with super cali and see what happens. the THC profile of whatever could not possibly be shabby in a million years and the 8 miles could possibly lower size even more as it's bred for indoor growth.

i'll report on el dorado when i test it myself. i WANTED and always intended to get afropips' trippy lemon malawi gold & missed that boat & didn't get any starts out of 5x mekong haze attempts. if no one else ever does, i'll report on world of seeds' columbian gold as i've seen some favorable reviews for their indoor gear at least and that could be the closest i'll ever get to real unfucked with trippy pinecone cliss again. i really loved the even more euphoric than gold buzz i got from my taste of haze, but didn't get the same level of visual effects i'd expect from 3-4 hits of gold.

i tell you, what's left of us sativa lovers and curious have got to get down to breeding to save what's left of sativas. the recent loss of afropips is DEVASTATING! he's not only taking malawi gold with him, but also the last a several other great african IBLs too including probably the purest durban poison left or his popular swazi root barts.

i TRIED to get compact, lemony & trippy burmese back in the day when it was still arond and totally got shanked by vancouver island/kindseed. there are few legit sativa breeders left and much of what's left is increasingly watered down & renamed knockoffs of great strains. now that lowryders are catching on, it should be possible to finally purcge afghanicrap's stinking sativas up & making them stony & still keep their THC profiles mostly intact. super cali haze is a total step in the right direction, but haze was never an IBL.

the world really needs 5 foot or shorter lowryding thai, cambodian, african, kerala, vietnamese, & south american strains not only for better variety, but for the genetic diversity needed to continue the strains down the road.

things change, just as with spice brothers & afropips before them, sativa seeds may not be around forever and breeders that aren't selling a lot of stock for their effort lose interest in sativas. almost EVERY breeder used to have their own haze, now, there's just a few "pure" hazes left.

not that it's the best strain for chilling, i really love C99 euphria and energy and would always keep that a long with a more psychoactive but laid back strain with possibly a 3rd for flavor or some otherc contrast, possibly a stony med use strain like northern lights #5 just to have it for comparison.

13. um... i don't think you're gonne get too STONED off arjan's haze ever although i have heard murmurs it's overrated and not as potent as neville's original. maaaaaaaaaan, you ever git some arjan's haze, i'll be nice to you. i'd like to try it myself.

there are a few hazes out there that are claimed to be better than neville's original like mango haze x super silver haze and cannabible's author really liked dr atomic's gear in general and made special mention of metal haze. i never hear anyone mention doc atom. i'd like to sample his haze and give mekong haze (not a TRUE haze but 2 cambodian IBLs) a second try with cable warmers to improve viability because THAT could potentially be the trippiest & purest sativa left in the world, at least in the open market.

there are still people growing sativas, but they aren't sharing their genes with the rest of us. i've heard rumors that there's still some columbian gold based shit around mendocino for example.

14. #34 pokernaut, Jan 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2011
    C99 is NOT jack herer! heck, jeck who was handed the crown of "best in the world" (some "ultimate" title i can't recall) passed said title on to C99.

jack herer is tall & skunky where C99 is niether. jack herer has the same genetics as super silver haze maybe, but in a different breeding order with a different final mother, but even those are different as SSH leans even more towards stony & skunky.

jack & SSH both are known for their hazey trippy highs with some couchlock & even more in super silver while C99 is clear headed and energetic.

your info is very wrong there. if there's jack in C99, it's crossed with the ice princess i remember reading in her lineage back around '04. that would make sense. my grapey pheno joey weed C99s probably get that from the highland thai in the hazier than super silver jack crossed with a compact indica known for high resin production would give my gals their tweezer clogging sticky resin. then cross that with genius and you get apollo 11

15. after you've inbred and selected traits for your stabilized 3rd generation, you start getting genetic drift from your clone mothers eventually as well as 4th generation and eventually need to inject new genes into a strain to give it back it's hybrid vigor.

that's probably the reason that people serious about breeding strains create 2 totally separate lines, to combat genetic drift & waning.

once you've had to pollute your clone mothers to revive your strain, you can back cross to her to minimize the influence of the new genetics, but just as with that cake left out in the rain, you'll never have that recipe again.

16. #36 Bad Karma 8, Jan 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2011
    You're right, C99 is not Jack Herer, but he is her daddy.
    Everything I've read about C99 is that she started life as a seed found in a bag of Jack purchased in Amsterdam.
    She was such a stand out plant (pheno) that extensive breeding was done with her.
    Leading to what we know today as C99.

Wait, I did some more research, here we go:

"In 1997, I discovered a few seeds in a bud of Jack Herer I bought @ “Sensi Smile” coffeeshop in Amsterdam while there to buy seeds. I didn’t expect much when I grew them, but one of those seeds from the JH bud produced a very special female that I call “Princess”.
    Therefore Princess’ mother was a Jack Herer (IF we can believe what Sensi Smile printed on the package) and her father is a totally unidentified mystery plant.
    I also got 2 more females (Genius & Cafe’Girl) & several males from those seeds. I used pollen from one of the males on a heavy-yielding, dense, resinous ShivaSkunk (from Sensi Seedbank) female, then grew the resulting seeds to get males to produce pollen to cross Princess with, beginning the cubing process.
    The first generation of seeds from Princess were called P.50 because they were 50% Princess. I used males from the P.50 generation to back-cross to Princess to get P.75 and again back-crossed with the P.75 pollen to get P.88 and again with the P.88 pollen to get P.94 which is “Cinderella 99″, a cubed version of Princess.

The name “Cinderella” was chosen because of the parallels between this story and the well-known fairy tale in which Cinderella becomes a Princess despite her humble beginning. It’s also VERY similar to the story of the “Morgan Horse”…go Figure."