i cant think of a title for this one

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Cannibasity, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Actually I find it rather refreshing.

2. :D This just struck me as funny as it gets. You find it refreshing the earth will no longer exist? How so GG ? :)

3. What's not to find refreshing about it?
    We've had a long run. All good things eventually come to an end.

I think the thought of eternal peace and rest for mother earth is a more refreshing thought than the actual armageddon.

4. i do what i can and dont stress about the rest. the true meaning to life is happiness. have as much fun as you can while you're here and be a good person. thats my philosophy. fuck 2012, fuck y2k, fuck the end of the world. we will die when it is time. no use fretting over it.

i see death as just another adventure. when the time comes, im stoked! i wanna see whats on the other side, or if there is another side. and if not, may i rest in peace forever :p

life is a tragedy to those who feel. life is a comedy to those who think.

5. As with anyone or anything that's been a large part of your life / past -- it is hard saying goodbye. Unless you're void of emotion, if you lost your wife, your child, your pet, it's going to be an inner struggle to get through it. Maybe letting go of the earth isn't hard for you at all, but I feel if we had to pack our bags tomorrow and depart, it would be sad indeed. Eventually you would come to peace with it, but I just don't think you would react with "ah, that's refreshing :)"

6. F5 button on your keyboard...

Do you use it?

I didn't know it was the hotkey to 'Refresh'... until recently.

After learning, I use it more than necessary. It feels so...

Refreshing.

:D

7. I find the thought of the world coming to an end "refreshing", just like when I press the F5 button.

Because I know I'll still be around to see what comes next.

8. I think it would happen so fast, and be over so quick, you'd be resting peacefully in no time at all.

You wouldn't be able to grief, i'd imagine. It would be insignificant to you, I'm sure.

9. If Earth ends, you will not be around to see it. Trust me. The idea may be refreshing now. But if you were their to encounter earths destruction, would you think so then? The purifying of earth sounds nice, but experiencing it is a completely different situation.

10. Sounds like you were there when it happened in future.

11. I can only hope I'm not :smoking:

12. Blade, I LOVE F5. That and Ctrl+R. Followed closely by Ctrl+Z. Keyboard shortcuts make me HOT.

13. That's what I was getting at, too.

You won't experience it, is what I'm saying.

14. YOU won't.

But I will.

15. walking in the city i found a huge poster with the words "what do you wanna do before you die" it had me thinking maan why is everyone thinking about death.... its that change in consciousness.. people are beginning to feel it too..

16. Well.. my god.. I have been the thinking the exact same for years now, literally years.
    As much so, that I even quit school. Now it sounds weird, and this was ofc not the main or the only reason, but this feeling, really drove me to, certain points in my life.. And quitting school has been one of them.
    What this feeling is.. its change, thats for sure, but how?

17. Aren't you supposed to tell us and not the other way around? I'm confused. I was on the boat until this last sentence and then I must've got left behind in the ocean somewhere.

18. I wish that was the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard...

This thread ISN'T the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. but it's still pretty goddamn ridiculous.

The world ain't going to end soon. People have ALWAYS thought the world was going to end. Even back in the middle ages, people were like "It's going to end any day now :eek:"

You people...tsk tsk tsk.

19. lol... 'yep the world is going to end any day now..... any day now...lol imagine saying that for 76 years lol that was my grandpa lol i agree with you here... but still there is a wave of death in the air.... dont even act like you havent been having weird dreams lately some even of death

20. The forbidden fruit is not weed.