Miracle Grow Fertilizer

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by testhec10ck, Dec 31, 2009.

1. also, heres a feeding schedule that fox farm posts. I like to use half the nutrients that they recommend, a tip i was given from the owner of a local grow shop.http://foxfarmfertilizer.com/soilfeed.pdf

2. the main discussion here should be that most miracle grow fertilizers are chemical poisons that will put carcinogenic toxins into your buds. Miracle grow is synthesized in a laboratory whereas fox farm is created organically, thus the price difference. Fox farm is formulated specifically for the growth of high grade ORGANIC marijuana, miracle grow is for your mom and dads vegetable garden.

if this is true, them wouldn't the vedgies be poluted too?

3. Fox Farms is better than Miracle Gro because the nute balance is way different, not because it's organic.

4. People speak alot of bullshit in todays world. take this plant here.. an autoflower.. grown in miracle grow organic potting mix and only nutrient used was miracle grow all purpose plant food at 1/2 strength. It came out pure funk.. the smell,taste and aroma were all fantastic.

flushed 2 weeks before harvest.

I have since moved on but I do still use the miracle grow organic potting mix .. I just now use dyna gro bloom and fox farm big bloom in flowering.

for veg I used a tiny dose of cheap ass jobes organic tomato fertilizer.

The pics u see are 100% miracle grow organic potting mix and miracle grow all purpose plant food.. It can be done. is it the best? no no ... BUT it sure as shit CAN be done.

View attachment 1872456
    View attachment 1873497
    View attachment 1873541
    View attachment 1873915
    View attachment 1876336
    View attachment 1876343
    View attachment 1880577

• Like Like x 1
  5. If the argument is carcinogens (I'm not advocating either way, simply throwing some medical education into it), practically everything you do increases your chances for developing cancer.

Did you know the actual process of cancer is already in your body? From birth to death, cancer is inside of you and present 100% of the time.

It's an unavoidable anomaly that occurs during transcription when the nucleotides do not organize and line up correctly with DNA polymerase. To simplify and relate back to high school biology when talking about cellular division, the T's, A's, G's, C's don't match up appropriately. Your body recognized this as an erroneous transcription (false copy), acknowledges it as foreign, and begins a physiological cascade to surround, isolate, destroy, and discard the false copy.

Cancer, as a diagnosis, is merely a condition where the rate these false copies are produced becomes higher than the rate the body eliminates them. Tumors are essentially an accumulation of these false copies, when your body essentially says "this is a battle we cannot win", you're soldiers secondary objective is to isolate and contain -> tumor growth. The presence of these false copies can affect the propensity of other cells to also produce false copies (IE, how aggressive your case is considered to be or not be).

We haven't quite nailed down isolating these cells for therapy which is why chemotherapy is often suggested. Whether focused, general, or a hybrid treatment plan, we are poisoning your body, damaging many tissues in a given area, with the hopes its mostly false copies that are destroyed and minimal damage to nonaffected, healthy tissues. The success of this is typically what translate into a tumor reduction %.

Tl;dr version - cancer is always in your body your whole life, you can't stop that without dying. While there are many ways to increase your chances of developing cancer, these factors are mostly correlative and only partially causative. Ie- cancer can be caused by smoking cigarettes, but smoking cigarettes does not directly give you cancer. You can smoke and never form lung cancer just as you can never smoke and lead a healthy lifestyle and still develop it. Predisposition and hereditary links is one of the largest factors until we understand even more about the disease process. While that doesn't mean go out and do whatever because you can bring it upon yourself, the thing that enables our life (the sun) can contribute to cancer.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. #26 UsDEA, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2016
    If you want to be taken seriously you need to have a control same conditions and gentics clones from a mother would be a must feed one with fox farms and one with your formula document every detail of the whole voyage from start to finish I mean everything even water and nutes would need to be measured exact each and every time and everything would have to be grown the same you accidentally snap a branch on one snap the same one on the other light movers are a must aswell so angle of light isn't a issue after detailing every aspect and going back over it 100 times + you can now call your findings either confirmed or disproven

7. Those look great. I too like to fux with using organic with synthetics. Like right now I have a Blue Widow vegging in Kellogg's Patio Plus organic soil, with Miracle Gro 24-8-16 as the base nutrient AND small amounts of Jobe's 2-7-4 organic tomatoe and splash of banana tea added every week.

8. Do u have a journal from start to finish using mg

• Like Like x 1
  9. Im about to mix powdered kelp into my MG potting mix for a transplant, then water it with banana tea.

10. You're right, 3 tbl spoons will burn it up! I use 1/3 of what is suggested by the manufacturer. Pure organic is the way to go IMO... Call me old fashioned, but I use worm castings and bat guano...