Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

question about honey oil

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by tucansam420, Dec 29, 2009.

1. i have two quick questions -
    first of all, i live in CA and am a medical marijuana patient.

i came across some 'trim' to make some hash. i used bubble bags and did one cycle and made crappy hash. i want to make honey oil now. the trim is still wet, can i use that to make the oil or does it have to be dry? second, can i use hash instead of trim or buds in the process to make oil?

thanks

2. hey, it sounds like you are trying to do a BHO (butane hash oil extraction). lots of info on the procedure here, search away! :hello:

3. i know someone who is trying to do BHO. but he need to know two things.

1. can my crappy has be replaced with bud/trim in the BHO process?
    2. can my trim be wet during the BHO process? or does it have to be dry?

4. Freeze the trim before making the oil. You can use: Buds, Trim, Kief, or Hash to make oil with. If you use buds, break 'em up a just a little bit before freezing them (if you want better quality). If you want more yield (but with less quality), grind them up before freezing.

As far as I know you can use wet trim... It's best to freeze it, though. Freezing will make the trichomes come off easier. :D

5. #5 tucansam420, Dec 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2009

if i dont freeze it but run it through the butane three or so times will this extract more or will i have to freeze it for them all/most of them to come off?

6. Depending on how long you wait in between runs the bud will be frozen already. Thats why I don't see the point in freezing the bud prior.

If your going to be doing more than one run I suggest separating each run so that you have different grades of BHO.

7. thank you pmb.