Can you clone a clone?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Damien_X, Dec 23, 2009.

1. I think I saw one guy on GC who had a four year old mother and it looked like something out of the Legend of Sleepy Hollow :eek:

Looked butt ugly, but was still producing.

2. TALK ABOUT CLONES, all of mine just "died". :(

Well they didn't form/take root.

I think my cloning gel (Olivia's) went bad after three years.

I did keep it in the fridge, but the last time it did look a little blackish.

Good thing my grow is still in veg and I have two growing just for cutting into clones.

The hint was that even though they (the clones) were still green, they weren't forming any leaves and they pulled right out of the rockwool. :eek:

First loss in three years though, so not to bad and I don't have to start from seed again (well yet anyway).

3. Ya:confused: im new at this cloning to. im thinking of going with rapid rooters, this mite be a dumb question, but rapid rooters have pre made holes, now when i stick the clone down in the hole, do i pack the soil around it or just leave it alone, little help please.

4. Anybody please, i know some you pro growers are out there lol

5. i have some big bud clones from an original mother that was born in 1987 the same year I was the quality is still great as fuck and on par with everything today

6. Yes, you can take clones from a clone. Been doing it for years. No "genetic drift" to be found. :smoking:

7. I'm definitely no expert, but I believe as long as you stick to the '3 node' rule you will be OK?

Can anyone confirm or disprove this?

8. After the mother plant I wouldn't clone after 3-4 generations

9. #29 clintrix09, Feb 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2012
    But can't you re-veg a flowering clone?

10. Absolutely. I've been cloning the same clones for years. No probs

11. I'm curious why it is called "cloning" when in theory, it is not imho. Not as we might view cloning where someone uses the dna of one organism and growing another. In the case of plant cloning, you are simply rerooting a part of the original plant.

It is fairly common knowledge that burying part of a living plant's stem further in the soil might induce roots from the buried stem. You are basically doing the same when you cut off one part of a plant and getting roots to grow from the branch you cut off. It is still the same plant, just a part of it that did not previously have roots. So in theory, not a new plant, but part of the original plant.

12. once a clone has developed a decint canopy should u pick off the trimed leaves?

13. [quote name='"Genocide"']once a clone has developed a decint canopy should u pick off the trimed leaves?[/quote]

Only if they're dying or if you want to lollipop. But there's no reason you have to cut off healthy trimmed leaves. Although I've found if a clone is struggling it helps to cut off any unhealthy material.