Evolution vs creation, what if dont believe either?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Novek, Dec 18, 2009.

1. When ever people ask me which I believe, I always say I don't believe in either, then they proceed to ask, "well don't you want to know how we got here?", I just flat out say "NO, I could care less, all that matters is that I'm here now"

Does anyone not believe in evolution or creation, and doesn't even care to know? Sometimes I think I'm odd because I don't care about either.

2. Really, it has to be one or the other. Either it happened naturally... or someone made it happen. I personally believe the former, but you're absolutely right; it doesn't have that much to do with the present. But, for me, it is important to answer these questions for moral/philosophical reasons that influence the way in which I see the world.

3. Evolution did it.

Honestly man, the fact that you don't care or aren't interested is pretty lame, things like this are cool to think about and make decisions on.

I'd rather you disagree entirely with me than have no opinion at all as knowledge is the ultimate thing we're here to seek and the brain is the ultimate product of the universe.

4. Nah dude thats not odd, maybe uncommon, and some might give you shit and say your burying your head in the sand...but i think your stance is quite wise.

I've always been of the mind that its pretentious to think we KNOW anything at all...infact, the only thing i claim to know is that i DONT know anything at all..i mean think of all the things we used to know, and all the new things we know today that contradict those things we used to know.

The truth is relative, based on perspective, so trust what your grey matter tells you its as reliable as anything anyone else could tell you.

we're all here now and thats all that matters, thats a very "live in the moment" way of looking at it all...i like it man!

5. Evolution is completely obvious, i mean look at our ancestors chimps, apes, monkeys all have the starting of the advanced brain we have. Plus the similarities in bone structure, appearance...theres no denying it, and i didn't even research it i imiagine if i researched evolutionary biology i would be 100% sure of it like richard dawkins

that doesnt mean im atheist though, i still like to believe in a god but creation is just out of the question

6. Yeah man were just the product of retarded frogs buttfucking anyway.

7. This applies to every person about everything, it's what makes us different people. Different people care about different things.

8. [​IMG]

9. LMFAO nice. South Park
    [​IMG]

10. Honestly i think they are both one in the same. It says in the bible god's seven days could have been thousands of years for us and they order of different things showing up pretty much follows evolution also. dark to light to day and night to an earth to water to clouds to trees to fish to land animals to birds see what i mean? o well i don't think we will ever know who's right and who really cares?

11. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8asQkegV_wk]YouTube - Evolution Explained: South Park Exposes Stupidity Of Creationists[/ame]

12. THANK YOU!
    definitely a pet peeve of mine
    image saved for future use

and of course if anything really is possible then we may have just popped into existence one evening after tea and biscuits

13. :laughing:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_nqySMvkcw]YouTube - Stupid Design[/ame]

14. It's not our fault society doesn't like fence sitters.

15. For the love of science (lol),

please quit the assumptions that "believing" in science/evolution is a "LEAP OF FAITH".

Hah, as if science knew anything of faith.

[​IMG]

16. #16 aero18, Dec 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2009
    If you don't care for either then I can say you don't care much for learning. If you happened to care for creationism, then I would say the same thing.

Evolution is one of the most fascinating observations that any living creature has ever realized about itself and the workings of the cosmos. To pass it off as just a measly hypothesis shows the extent of the lack of your intellectual vivacity.

17. A question for Novek

If you were confronted by someone claiming they knew which was right either creation or evolution and they actually did know the right answer, would you still not care to find out? even if it meant you would know the truth when others surely do not?

18. ya know man, I didn't give a shit until college.

Religion says what it wants to, and science says what it wants to.

Evolution stems from science. Creationism stems from religion.

Take it for what it's worth, one day the whole concept will bite us in the ass.

So you are probably right in not believing in one or the other, but as it stands, evolution has a leg up on creationism by providing factual information based on scientific research. Creationism? Not much has been proven...

So it's pretty much fair game to be undecided. However, it would be great if one day it was found that, through creationism, evolution was started. Haha!

19. I still wouldn't care to find out. Knowing the answer wouldn't change my life in anyway. I would still have to go to work, pay bills and go about my day to day life.