Man Charged With Shooting Friend on Dare

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Gilligan, Dec 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/st...ff/story/0001/20041215/1346705445.htm&sc=1110

OROFINO, Idaho (AP) - A man has been charged with involuntary manslaughter for fatally shooting his friend through a protective vest on an apparent dare, police said.

Alexander Joseph Swandic, 20, died of a gunshot wound to the heart Monday after donning a protective vest and asking David John Hueth, 30, to shoot him, police said.

Hueth initially told police that Swandic\'s wound was self-inflicted, but later admitted to the shooting. The two had apparently tested the vest by propping it against a dirt bank and shooting it twice, police said.

Police said the vest was designed to protect against grenade fragments, not bullets.

Swandic was pronounced dead at a local hospital following the shooting.

Hueth faces a preliminary hearing on Dec. 27. If convicted, he faces up to 10 years in prison.

2. I don\'t know who is stupider. Is that even a word?

Edit: Well it\'s not in the dictionary, so I\'ll say \"more foolish\", hahaha.

3. Sounds like a great canidate for the darwin awards!! The great part is, he died when he was twenty, so he probably wasn\'t able to procreate yet. Natural Selections a bitch.... :D

4. This would be a good time to enter of plea of justifiable homicide.

5. My thoughts exactly...lol what a dumbass

6. if he does go to jail though it will show how fucked up the justice system is, not a good darwin award IMO, i didnt find it funny really

7. That\'s one Looooong sentence.

8. man seriously read your sentence outloud and you might pass out from lack of oxygen, there arent any pauses at all! :D hahahaha

9. hed be going to prison and he KILLED the guy....im sure the family doesnt want this dumb shit walking around free either

10. 1: It says grenade fragments
    2: Bomb/Grenade--> HUGE difference
    3: Bullet/Grenade--> again, HUGE difference

When a grenade explodes, it sends little shards of metal flying everywhere, they transperce skin and flesh and can break bones. Bullet: small pointy metal object probably going 50x faster than a grenade fragment and designed to transperce, where as metal fragments just fly randomly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.