The BEST DIY EZ walmart carbon filter for MICRO grows Zen style.

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by bubbling, Dec 15, 2009.

1. #21 Cyrate, Feb 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2010
    lol wrong thread :)

but btw you CAN reuse your carbon. it isnt mentioned much but brewers do it all the time. Soak your used carbon in some bleach water for a bit. shaking every so often. You could probably make 2 of these and keep a 'fresh' one in some solution and just swap.

Cyrate

2. awesome job...inspired me to make my own.

how well does it keep the smell down in the flowering stage? And if it wears off how long did it take?

3. how many plants would this work for anyone know

4. yo this shits fuckin niiice
    lolol

5. i dont know how long it would work for id replace it every 2 weeks just incase

6. I just made this filter and did some adjustments to it that i thought made it easier to make ill post up pic's when i find my camera cord lol.. but this is the easiest and a very nice setup!!

7. Wow I should have done a bit more research before I posted my DIY. I made one almost exactly the same way. Little bit different but very similar. Check it out, mine isn't as messy as I use 2 stalking. Also Walmart is a good idea if they have both sizes at one place thanks! I checked target as I hate shopping at Walmart. I will add it to my guide and give a link to yours.

8. nood question whats the carbon fitler for?

9. Scrubbing the air to remove the odor created during the flowering period.

10. ok so the magic question that still has not been answered..... How well do these work, how long do they last, and how well does it work on a flowering plant? I didnt make mine yet it kinda worried and thinking about returning some of this stuff and getting a can filter.

11. They for sure will cut your airflow...but they're easy to make, so...

And, as long as you fill it with enough carbon it will definitely make it scent-free.
    Notice I say scent. Because it's definitely not an odor.

12. Hi. Quick question. Can I get away with using a 70 cfm fan and make this. Set up work? I have a fairly small grow closet with three pants.

13. See my ventilation FAQ in my sig calculate CFM required then cut the rated CFM of your fan in half to account for bends and carbon and compare.

14. I just made one and instauled it today. I am excited and damb proud of myself. I'll keep an update in a month from now. :bongin:THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME WITH MY GROW!!!!!

15. do you think this would fit over a 4" fan, and do you know if he got the carbon from walmart also? i know they have a fish section, but you know how walmart can be :hello:

16. Ok, I am doing something wrong with the inner cup. When I pull the sock through, it just looks like crap (Where your inner cups is clean, I can see the mesh and everything. Am I putting to much carbon in the smaller cup maybe? It just doesn't look right and doesnt seem like it'd want to really attatch to my intake.

17. Sup GC,

I really like this idea. I have seen many others also. This one is clean and small. Read full thread and no ones has answered how many flowering plants can it cover. I have a cabinet I'm working on and its not to big so wonder if this would cover 1 female flowering. Size of flowering chamber is 4ft height, 2ft width and depth.

18. Cant you just buy some type of carbon filter?

19. you could but it would be waaaaaay more expensive than this method, i;m headed to walmart today to buy all the supplies, gonna add it to our tent box grow, the babies should be intensely flowering soon

20. great post! thank u