Opiate hangover

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by MrSoloDoeLow, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Alright so my third time taking norco 7.5s recreationally. I took 2.5 pills and was nodding like hell. I felt fucking great and warm and happy when I was trying to sleep. But I woke up and felt like shit! I felt this weird feeling in my body and was really tired and groggy. I also felt very very nauseaus, but whn I was nodding I didn't feel shit. I had to drive home from my friends that day and it sucked ass! I had to pull over 5 times in a 25 minute drive because I thought I was going to puke so I had to get out. Breathe fresh air and lay down for 5 minutes every time I pulle over!
    So my question is. Does this happen every time after taking opiates? Is this normal or is this like a withdraw thing? Also how do I get rid of the fucking nausea? Thanks.

2. I have the same problem the day after opiates. I'm not sure if it's W/D or just a hangover, I know watcha mean. It's funny 'cause usually the opiates get RID of the hangover.. hmmm... :rolleyes:

3. yeah i normally have a average tolerance to opiates, and after taking 45mg of morphine one night i felt like that the next day. just made the best of it and drank as much liquids as i could. only time thats happened to me and i only did them that one day so it couldn't be withdrawls i dont think

4. hmm, i honestly have never got that. I usually feel fine/a little better than normal. but that could just be because i know im about to pop 4 more :eek:

5. #5 tharedhead, Dec 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2009

You should try that on a plane to Cleveland. "Excuse me,Miss, I need a trashbag, this barf bag is too small":)

About the only thing you can do now is drink plenty of fluids, eat a bland low fat diet as tolerated and lay down in a dark room and wait for it to pass.

In future, taking a nausea reducing drug such as phenergan when you dose may (or may not) prevent further episodes.

Many people find that the nausea is dose dependant (there is a doseage threshold, that, once they exceed it, they develop nausea)

http://www.anesthesia-analgesia.org/cgi/content/full/101/5/1341