Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Wait, do you even have to be 18 to buy rolling papers?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ahh420, Dec 12, 2009.

1. I remember some kid i know got them and he was 14. There's really no point in them being age restricted. xD if you cant buy the stuff to put in it.

and...What are the most common brands of papers? I have been wanted to try rolling a joint

2. i'm pretty sure it's considered a tobacco product, and at stores like Wawa it says you need to be 18 to buy tobacco products.

3. Yes, you do have to be 18, I'm 19 years old and have a beard ad I still get carded. Then again, it depends on where you go, but legally you need to be 18. As for common brands - EZ-wider, Juicy Jays, Zig Zags. Around socal those are the most common. I have a thing for Zig Zags though, and they seem to have them everywhere.

4. You do need to be 18, I have been carded.

5. I used to go to the local gas stations that were owned by arabs, they didnt care. I used to buy pipes and bongs there too.

6. yeah legally you gotta be 18 actually its 19 now in ny. If your not 18 maybe youll get lucky and go to a gas station or a smoke shop that doesnt care and wont card you. common papers are e-z wider, zig zag, and juicy jays.

im pretty sure juicy jays have stopped production bcuz of the recent FDA ban of flavored tobacco products im not sure if they stopped producing them perminatly tho

7. Never been carded, it's just paper afterall. I suppose it's different down there in the 'States.

8. Well they do say ciggerette papers on some of them and Im sure that key word makes it oblivious of age.

9. yeah a few times but a lot of places I can walk and and they won't card me, its 19 around these parts.

10. That's basically the trick in NY atleast, If I needed something when I wasn't of age I just went where I felt I wouldn't be carded in the first place, now when I go somewhere and get carded I just laugh cause I know I don't gotta worry 'bout that anymore :D

11. whaa? damn, none of the local arab stations around here sell that kinda stuff :p

• Like Like x 1
  12. Funny you say that, buddy got back in town from FL and he went into the local cornerstore we always would go to for beer or cigarettes, and they do have the occasional selection of some bowls, buddy was fuckin around with the guy telling him he needed a bowl while he was up here to smoke (he's known this guy for 12 years) so he just says to him which one? Pulls it out and gives it to him for free.

13. niice, lucky guy. illinois kinda sucks for that kinda stuff i guess.

14. Yeah, the head shop I always buy my papers at carded me the first few times, but now that they've all seen me I don't get carded. Here most shops will card you to buy papers, pipes, bongs, etc.

15. Sometimes you can buy a pack of cigarettes without being carded when you look young. But since you definately have to be 18 to use this site, this is just a curiosity question, right?:rolleyes:

16. Anything related to smoking you need to be over 18. Anyting related to drinking you need to be over 21.

This includes cigarette paper tubes. I got asked my ID for them several times. I even said what. Its paper with a filter there is no tobacco. She said anything related to smoking

papers/blunts/filters/packing machine/rollers/

17. You can still buy alcohol/tobacco/papers under 18. Just not from the store. Simple? I'd say that someone probably bought it for him, thats well within the realm of possibility. :rolleyes:

18. funny thing is in Saskatchewan, Canada you have to be 18 for Salvia, smoking herbs, tobacco, blunts(the whole cigar and you remove the tobacco out), rolling papers; but you dont have to be 18 to buy pipes bongs bubblers vapes or lighters. kind of odd if you ask me but the government is kind of stupid for the salvia and rolling papers i agree with tobacco and blunts.i guess because pipes bongs and lighters could be used for medical marijuana at least thats what the local headshop owner told me.

19. In the U.S, yes. Almost all gas stations card now. Even the indian run ones that kids could buy ciggs and 40s from. And headshops definitely do, my local one does specifically because there have been cops that sent in underage kids to try and buy things in the past.