Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Moldy Bong

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BluntStyle, Dec 10, 2009.

1. #1 BluntStyle, Dec 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2014

2. From the picture, it just looks like normal resin build up.
    Even if you change your water all the time, the smoke is still going to build up resin above the water line, and that's how it'll end up looking.

I can't see any white in the picture, can you actually see white stuff looking down through the tube, or does it just look white from the outside? :confused:

If there was mold in there, I wouldn't freak yourself out too much over it. Just keep an eye on your lungs and make sure you don't notice any breathing problems. ;)

Either way, it's a good idea to give your bong a nice iso wash or something similar on a regular basis, so you don't have to worry about these kinds of things. :p

3. dude, just clean it. iso alcohol and salt. my acrylic had that too from leaving the water in it forever and never using it. i took it apart and scrubbed that bitch down./

4. resin doesnt seem like something that gets moldy
    but maybe it could. use iso and salt

5. doesnt look like mold man. Probably all the hard tap water you fll your bong with has dried some of the chemicals on the upper part when clearing?

Just give it a good wash with some 91% rubbing alcohol and some uncooked rice/salt

6. iso 99% or 91% and some salt will do the job, leave it there for a while if need be.

7. Thats why you should keep your bong clean kids, so you don't have to worry about it forming mold.

8. Just for sharing experience purposes...

I did have one piece get moldy once. I accidentally left the water in it and let it sit in the cabinet for far, far too long.

It got mold on the very bottom inside the water.

The mold was extremely hard to get off compared to the resin. I mean, I had to soak and shake (with salt) the thing like 4+ times before I even made a dent in the mold part. The resin was all gone by that point.

Most likely, it's just resin build-up (which is what it looks like) and maybe some calcium deposits or something. So if you clean it using iso+salt, it'll come off in a few washes. There may be some small chunks left over, but it should for the most part be sparkly clean after that. Mold would be a different story, I would think from my experience.

I really don't think you have much to worry about in the way of mold.
    I'm no doctor, and I haven't seen your bong in person so I can't say whether there's mold or not. But if you're feeling fine and experiencing no symptoms regarding your breathing, then I wouldn't worry too much. :p

9. get isopropyl alcohol and salt.
    clean it out.