Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can I tell my doctor I smoke?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by CuriousToker28, Dec 10, 2009.

1. What the heck are you even talking about?

Why the hell would it go on your medical record? And if it did, who the fuck is going to read it that will give a shit or be able to do anything about it?

How would it effect your insurance and why?

How do marijuana statistics play into this at all?

2. What a bitch

3. When I was 16, Told my therapist that I did drugs (pills, smoked weed). He told my dad that I did, even though my dad already knew these things (I was very honest with my parents, and solid that I would choose what I would do). I asked him why, Apparently it counts under the "physical harm to yourself".

4. I agree with just letting the fact that it's weed your smoking and not cigs go under the radar, just tell them you got Bronch and if they ask tell them you smoke hookah every once in a while with friends. Better safe than sorry.

5. Curt chronic yea I get ur point its a messed up world we live in

6. Insurance companies can deny health coverage due to recreational drug use. Plain and simple.

As far as statistics, telling a doctor that you smoke weed can actually unfairly skew statistics. Just mentioning marijuana (even if it's in combination with other drugs), makes the finger of blame point at marijuana. I've heard a few prohibitionists throw around the ER statistics. They leave out the fact that it's actually a small percentage of people who go to the ER for marijuana alone.
    And, let's face it, most of there marijuana visits are by people who get so freaked out they think there is something wrong with them. I wonder, if the truth about marijuana were told, rather than "scare factor facts", would people so easily get freaked out?

http://www.stopdrugprohibition.com/Statistics/Marijuana/ER-Marijuana-Mentions-Concomitance.html

Many doctors have a bias towards marijuana. It's undeniable reality.

7. Wow this post got quite a few replies lol. Thanks everyone for the advice. So I went to doctor and just to play it safe i just told him no when he asked. didn't affect anything. He still prescribed me antibiotics and robotussin with codeine :) I wouldn't be surprised if the ppl who think that telling your doctor you smoke could affect future health care were right. Thanks everyone.

8. if he does give u shit, be like, i lived in amsterdam

9. Yes you can. Doctors can not breach that confidentiality between you and them. When I got my tonsils out I told all the doctors I saw and the nurses that I smoke marjuana and none of them cared. It is important that you tell them because it could have a negative impact if you dont.

10. Patient doctor confidentiality. they could loose there license by telling someone plus they don't care that much your there they are making money if they think its unhealthy they will think you will have more health problems and that you will visit them more so they get more money. plus my doctor is a pro-legalization

11. *I didn't read the 5 pages on this one, sorry...anyway*

Someone I know told their doctor that they smoke MJ here and there nothing big and he later found out that while she didn't make a big deal about it, she did write down "drug abuse" in his records.

12. #72 Koolshot55, Dec 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2009
    I told my doctor i smoked weed and blacks and he told me it's not good for my health. They just inform you about health factors not that you should stop because of the risks or supposed dangers. Catch my drift ?

I bet the mofo smokes weed himself.

13. This is simple...

ANSWER ONLY WHAT IS ASKED
    If he ask you if you smoke... Yes (don't make a simple question hard) just answer simply yes or no. Your doctor doesn't care their job is just to get you in and out of their office that day. If they see you back that simply means that they have to get you in and out again. O by the way when you get your pills its 3 pills a day with food or milk (Amoxicillian or how ever you spell it)

AND if he does ask if you smoke pot just say yes... Its not like your shooting speed balls in your penis veins. Jeeze