Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana and Asthma

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Shinkster, Dec 9, 2009.

1. I've had asthma for 25 years, easily controlled and rarely a problem. For some reason or another the last few years have been torture with regards to breathing. This plus the fact that I have developed an annoyingly relentless case of post nasal drip makes any type of strenuous cardio damn near impossible.

I've noticed that pot, although doing nothing for the PND (could possibly be increasing it's affect) seems to make my breathing a little easier, to the point where I don't need to use an inhaler. I'm hoping some of you might be in a similar situation (hoping, yet not wishing :)) and might have some input...

2. My friend has asthma and he is fine. Smokes every day. I think he said it helps him out a lot. If it helps you, then hey, why not?

3. i have a friend that pre-pot smoking would have to have one of those lil mini machines constantly around cause his asthma would get that bad. he started smoking and now 10 yrs later he barely ever even uses his asthma pump and when hes done with it he turns it into a pipe and smokes from it.

every person is different though, so try it out and if it works out for you then thats fucking awesome.:hello:

4. I've had asthma, basically all my life. I used to own a volcano, I would definitely recommend one, or any vaporizer for smokers with asthma. I can still smoke normally, but it really has no beneficial effects. I've found that smoking doesn't hurt or help my asthma. Although, it does seem like i get bronchitis more often, than if I didn't smoke.

5. i've had asthma for about 7 or 8 years, and i've been smoking for 5. i haven't had to use an inhaler since i started seriously smoking. i believe its the fact that my asthma is caused by mucus build-up in the lungs, marijuana acts as an expectorant letting me cough up anything blocking my airways. i'd rather smoke than take those albuterol and steroid inhalers anyday

6. Cannibis acts as a bronchial dialator and is a great treatment for asthma. Smoking is never good for anyone, especially anyone with asthma. I have asthma myself, have all my life. I understand the problems that asthma poses, cannibus is good for your asthma, just get you a vaporizor and you will not get all the tar and negative effects of smoking. I am not a Dr. but I have confirmed this with a doctor.