life is mad fucked up right now

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by stoner_lukas, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Seems like November into December has been a tough month for a lot of people.

My wife is leaving me. After 8 years together she decides she needs a man from her faith. Apparently it took her 8 years and pretty much every dime I've made in that period to figure that out. We were absolutely fine...we rarely fight, she told me how much she loved me last night, and then I wake up to this shit. Her bags are packed up already...she can't give me any more of an explanation than "it just won't work out." It's been fucking working out for 8 years. And she's pregnant. What the fuck am I supposed to do about that? She stood around and cold carried me today, for no reason. Tryin to sice my head up tellin me "it will be easy you good looking you'll find someone else." I just stood there and took it all...cuz I love her too much to start shit wit her.

This is just added on top of more stress. Stress from grad school, stress from work, stress cuz my moms is dying and I live 2000 miles away, and I'm terrified that she'll die before I can get home.

I just needed some place to vent GC. I know the Box prolly wasn't the best place, but eh, fuck it. I like the posters in the Box the most.

Got me lunchin over here. This is the shit that makes me wanna say fuck it all and return to the old street Luke before I cleaned my act up. I do everything right, just for shit to fuck up around me.

As soon as finals are over I'm movin back to DC to be with my family. I'll re-start life there...back in the hood. Fuck man life sucks for real.

2. maybe you should join a commune and just waste away fucking hippy chicks in isolation

3. Positive vibes. Good luck to you man, you're in my prayers.

4. Shit man, thats some bullshit reasoning on her part, but will be polite because obviously you care about her. I hope she gets a bit more honest cause there has be to some more reasoning behind that. You dont leave the father of your child after eight years of it working out just because. I have a hard time beliving that.

Its not the end of the world but I hear ya man. Nobody would want to be in that situation, but unfortunately it happens to too many good people. Keep your head up man and hopefully she will want to talk about it and at least try to explain why. I think not knowing the reasoning would bother me more then anything. Thats a pretty bad way to leave someone. At least if she had a legitimate reason for why it wouldnt work it, you could maybe understand and support her decision even if its not what you would have liked.

Sometimes people do things they think is the right decision, but end up realizing its not. Hopefully she figures it out sooner then later, that she has a good guy who takes care of her and loves her, and wants to keep the family together. Hold in there man and I hope everything works out for the best. Just by your post I can tell you really do care, and I'd hate to see someone lose something that means a lot to them for such an poor reason.

5. damn, your wife just left you like that? so suddenly?
    that really sucks stoner lukas.
    i hope your situation and, specially, your mum gets better.

6. Hey man, the box will always be here for you. It seems like she's been thinking about this for awhile, or she's extremely impulsive. But, it sounds like you might want to return to your family for support in this time instead of returning to the old "street" status.

7. Damn that sucks pretty bad I hope you get lucky and find a bag just lying around on the street.
    On a sidenote do you go to Utah or Westmin

8. Sounds like it would have been the life 8 years ago. My wife got me twisted like shit

Thanks. I appreciate it

Yep. It took her all of 3 hours to pack her bags. The 3 hours I was at school doing my thesis work. No more than 4 hours after she had told me she loved me.

Utah. Went to USU for 2 years, been at Utah since.

9. how far pregnant is she - only reason I ask is because this could be something related to her hormones

odd things happen to women when they get pregnant

she may still change her mind - my fingers are crossed for you Lukas

mind me asking what religion you both are?

10. yeah i guess. if it was me i wouldn't even be able to let her come back. seems like she's thought a lot about her future though even if it makes no sense to you.
    i had a similar thing happen to me a few years ago and after i accepted it i felt like anything was possible and was completely free

11. ________I've been around here in the box for almost a year now. The more old threads i read through, the more familiar I became with the "regulars" i guess you'd call them, of the Box, and I have to say, many of your posts have stood out to me. It came to be that every time I saw a your name pop up, I'd automatically go read that thread.
    ________I know I don't know you that well other than a few random conversations over the internet, but form the times I've talked to you, and the amount of knowledge I've taken in from your posts on here, you seem to be a pretty awesome dude, and I know it sounds corny as hell haha, but you've really taught me some life lessons through your views and ideas that have been of great importance to me.
    ______I know you're going through a hard time right now, but I also know that you're not the type of person to step down from the challenge at hand, no matter how terrible it may seem at the moment. I'm not a "christian" so to speak, and from the way it sounds, you arent as well, but I do believe that everything in this world happens for a reason. Just know that something good will come out of it eventually, and that the more you persevere, and keep yourself from taking steps backwards, the better it will all be in the end.

______Sorry to write you a book... haha, but hopefully these words from a stranger can give you a little inspiration of sorts.. haha.

__Good luck to you Lukas, and I hope everything turns out for the better!

- TnNORML

12. If this decision is the result of a sudden personality change in the first trimester-has she had a CVA? Pregnancy is a pro-thrombotic state....

13. Word of advice, DON'T let her screw you over financially. Get it everything squared away, all said and done. If she really isn't looking to leave you this shouldn't be a problem, but if she second guesses signing divorce papers and financial papers then you know something is up.

Best of luck, and I hope all turns out well for you.

14. cuz of faith? man thats some bullshit.

15. It can only get better man.

Don't make any irrational decisions. Everything happens for a reason, you just have to find a way to accept that.

You need to know that whatever the reason may be the your wife left, it was for the best, somehow.

I wish you the best.

16. wow man that fuckin' blows. from what i've seen here on gc, you seem like real stand up kinda guy, and it sucks to hear what your going through. my heart goes out to your mom and unborn child. but i think you have the strength to get through this.

take care of yourself man i wish you the best

Women........?

17. Damn man, I really feel for you. Hope things get better, honestly.

18. hey man I cant pretend to understand what you're going through but I wish you the best and hope you get it under control, how much longer in your grad program do you have?

19. Thank you man. Means a lot coming from you. I'm glad you've been able to take a little somethin from my posts. That's always been my intentions. Now I just need to fall back on some of the life lessons I've taught people, instead of saying "fuck it all" like I feel like doing now. I'll get through it. Got myself some Henny and a few blunts. It'll all be good soon

It certainly wasn't sudden. It's something she has been takin bout here and there for a while now, always jokingly like "I wonder how my life would be different if I married a Mormon." At first I thought she was just playin around...apparently she has been wondering, and she's finally decided to find out.

I told her I give her a week to make up her mind. She says it's made up. I need to have divorce papers signed before I move back to DC, just so I don't have that to stress about. Only thing I'm worried about is I'm a grower...I don't need her mouthing off. All of my equipment will be dismantled and packed away by the end of the week, but until then I just hope she doesn't say shit to anybody. She hasn't up until this point but if she's really leaving me like she says she is then I guess she has no reason to care about my freedom.

Thanks again everybody. Helps to be able to talk this out

20. 1 semester. I'm going to do distance education while I'm back at home, and then during the summer I'll just head back out to Utah to finish my lab practicums and what not.

So really about 8 months I guess