Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

kief catch on my grinder stuck shut...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ilych, Dec 1, 2009.

1. i know there is a bunch of kief in there but no matter how hard i try and twist the darned thing off i cant. does any one know any tricks to get a grinder unstuck?

2. If it's as stuck as I've seen some grinders get, there aren't many "tricks" as to how to open them. Liquid Wrench maybe? Lay it on it's side and give the bottom chamber a knock with a mallet/hammer.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but you really should not have let that happen. It's very easy for kief and ground buds to get stuck in the threads of grinders, and this is what happens when it is left to accumulate.

Good luck on your endeavors. Oh, and if you use a chemical lubricant, make sure not to use any kief it touches. If you do get it open, I suggest an alcohol bath to clean all the nooks and crannies. It will also clear up your screen, getting more kief for you.

3. your pretty much SOL. That happened to my first grinder when I was younger. I had to break the screen out and just use it as a 3 piece instead

4. You should use the claw part of the hammer, just make sure you hit it the right way. I was over at my friend's smoking one time and he tightened the F*CK out of the bottom of his grinder. I asked why, and he said it was so that no one could steal his kief. A few days later I'm there and he's ready to roll the kief blunt. Only problem? He tightened this thing like a GORILLA, dud weighs 350 pounds... It was funny as hell watching him try to get that off. He did eventually with the hammer, and then we smoked the blunt.:smoke:

5. try tapping it on a table while twisting if that makes sense. same thing happened to me and this method worked.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. run it under some hot water.

oh wait...

7. rite on the hammer trick worked like a dream.

8. Good shit. Also i would recommend getting a little kief jar. I jacked a pepper shaker from a restaurant so now i just shake my kief on top of a bowl :laughing: but if i need a lot i also have a little tiny spoon for scooping some out.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. smack it around

10. Almost 7 year old threadz im sure he has it figured out by now. Maybe he started working out.

• Like Like x 1