Yoda's bubble cloner

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Yoda, Nov 30, 2009.

1. That's what I'm going to try during a short vacation- Rumple said that a good bet to "hold" some clones for a while was to throw a 25-50% nute solution in the cloner and just let 'em hang out for a week or two. Can anybody second this?

2. In the cloner the stem just hangs in space... You could veg there no problem...
    can even flower that way( bubble bucket)...

YES.... ill second that.. they will be fine.. have some nice roots to:D

But when using a flood and drain like i do, Ive found that my buds out weigh the plant and topple them over, the same would be seen in the cloner before long, if the roots dont have anything to hold onto, the plant becomes unstable...(the netcup in the bucket)

Ive found that with a 5" netcup and a 1 1/2" cube they are very stable,
    and then thru flower i dont have issues, Watching a plant with monster buds fall over and break off its own roots can be quite depressing..:confused:

bet it would work if ya grew tiny little buds;)..LOL

3. what a great thread, i had no clue how to clone or anything and feel quite confident just from reading this. Well done slinger! :D

4. Thanks, Slinger- I knew he wouldn't steer me wrong but this helps me rest easier. Thanks!

5. Yoda You Are my hero Man Im on my first grow and In the small place I am in there is very limited items i can find But I could find everything for this cloner, Made my cut and stuck it in Its been about 4 days and i belive i can see my roots starting If I could +rep you more i would...

(Why isnt this a sticky yet.....Atleast put it in begginers section "Easy, Low-Budget Cloner DIY" Perfect

6. Budslinger when are we going to do our grow off ? I'm ready now. :wave: Did you get the free attitude x-mas seeds, we could use one of those new strains from DNA they sent out?

7. no they were all out by the time we tried,....:confused:

What do you have to run... ill get my seed selection together and posted in the next few days,,,

8. great information as usually budslinger....i will deff be using this when i decide to clone... i dont think i'll have enough time to keep some clones alive while trying to finish up my grow then putting them in the tint...ima need 2 tints soon lol one for veg and one for flower

9. I'm going to try to adapt your awesome cloner into a two-place cloner. I have a single plant I want to clone and it would be neat to see if I could do it one at a time, or two at a time for my two buckets later on.

I've got various airpumps and my idea to make it small yet have decent water volume is to make it skinny and deep- Like in one of those tupperwares meant to hold a loaf of bread or something.

This isn't an important project, just wondering if you had any thoughts on extra-small bubble cloners.

I want to see how this works against my directed-spray design also- if it works as well or better that would be fantastic!

By the way, I know this thread never got one so. . .
    [​IMG]
    Good Work on the DIY!

• Like Like x 1
  10. i love those roots, bud.

this beats my aero plan, so i'm makin one :smoking:

11. this cloner ROCKS :cool:

12. I've got

LA confidential
    KandyKush xskunk
    og18 x skunk
    kushberry xskunk
    lemon skunk
    easyryder
    la woman
    dieselryder
    mystery bagseed

13. nice diy slinger.might have to try it out.

ps like the shirt mine was gray growgrow shag panthers.

14. Just here looking up supplies so I thought I should give a well deserved BUMP ;)

15. Hey Slinger... Do you run your lights 24/0 or 18/6 over the cloner?

16. ya know man..im popping some big blue right now...

h aha ..you noticed;)..lol cracked me up....

thanks mate... so when will urs be done;)

24/0 seems to get the best results for me, I use a very small cfl..

17. Probably by next week, just need some time to go to the store, my van is broke still but should get it back by Thursday :D Then I need some Panda film stuff and some 2x4's. Oh yeah some lights might help, jeez thats a lot of shit :(

18. Would a 1.7psi air pump be too small for this cloner?

ECO AIR-1: 1.7 PSI, 1 outlet, 3 watts. (NO variable control) - $7

19. might work...but these cloners work much better with more bubbles..
    I use a econo2.... and a T going the air stone or two 6"stones;)..
    i think the bigger pump is like 11.99... worth the extra couple bucks mate

20. Slinger, what is the ideal pH for cloner water? It's RO.