creepy wikipedia

Discussion in 'General' started by Land Cow, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Wow thats a mad story, i cant get the radioactive clothes and brown skin out of my head. Sounds like some crazy shit went on.

2. This story gives me chills and creeps me out to no end

[​IMG]

In 1872, the ship was spotted off the Azores in the Atlantic completely intact and undisturbed, aside from its missing crew. Not a single person, alive or dead or undead, could be found, despite everyone's personal belongings still sitting undisturbed where they had been left. Even little things like valuables and piano music were right where they should have been. It was as if its crew had simply evaporated.
    The strange case of the disappearing crew of the merchant ship Mary Celeste is not only the most famous maritime mystery in history, it is the episode which served as midwife to the Bermuda Triangle hysteria.

[​IMG]
    We are through the looking glass here, people.

So how did everyone just vanish? Ghosts? Aliens? Sea monsters? Dimensional vortex? According to the History Channel, yes. After all, the case has proven a tough one to crack. All the ship's papers were missing, but the logbook was still safe and sound. Piracy is unlikely since there were no signs of a struggle and no booty missing. The main hatch was sealed, and there were no storms or time/space disruptions reported in the area.

[​IMG]
    Reports of elevated Old One activity remain unconfirmed.

The Answer:
    Scientists now point to the one baffling clue that the ship left us with: Of its cargo of 1,701 barrels of alcohol, nine were empty. We know what you're thinking: The crew threw their captain overboard so that they could get drunk off raw alcohol and take the lifeboat out for a joyride, which went splendidly until they crashed it into a whale. Sounds like one hell of an interesting weekend, but the truth is actually a billion times more awesome.

[​IMG]
    You all ready for this?

The single greatest maritime mystery in history is now believed to have been the subject of one of the most incredible explosions in the history of alcohol. Dr. Andrea Sella, a professor of chemistry at University College London, created a replica of the Mary Celeste's hold back in 2006 just so he could find a MacGyverish way to blow it up without leaving a single sign of a fire. He simulated a leak of the ship's nine barrels of alcohol and found that once the vapor was ignited, say by a pipe or a spark, it created a "pressure-wave type of explosion... There was a spectacular wave of flame but, behind it, was relatively cool air. No soot was left behind and there was no burning or scorching."

[​IMG]

That's right, the Mary Celeste was likely subject to a freaky ghost explosion powerful enough to blow open all the hatches, but ultimately leave everyone and everything on the boat completely unharmed. The crew, however, would have experienced a freakout akin to when the Nazis opened the Ark of the Covenant.
    It appears the missing crew were so utterly horrified that they piled into the ship's lifeboat without any useful things like food or water, eventually sinking or dying of thirst and exposure. Yes, the Mary Celeste would have still looked perfectly fine as they sailed off into Death's open arms, but ask yourself: Would you have volunteered to go back onto that ship?

3. Coincidentally, the very site you got that from has this to say:

3 Despicable Internet Behaviors (That Are Really Your Fault) | Cracked.com

I ended up on the site for hours yesterday. If it wasn't for passage2bangkok citing the source, I wouldn't have known it existed.

4. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anneliese_Michel

There was a couple wikipedia articles that I read years ago late at  night while I was high that creeped me the fuck out, but I can't remember exactly what they were. I have been looking around google for them and I'll keep looking because they are worth the share. One was about a man and he had a suitcase , the dissapearing man or vanishing man or something idk it was creepy haha