outside dwc hydro grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by 69erikm, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Hello Firehose, thanks for stopping by and participating, I appreciate it. :)
    yes bury it that or build a working platform and keep it under that. or maybe paint the black buckets white at least the lids.

2. This shit gets my mind running, but i swear before my life's out i'll do it.

3. lol I hear you ...I set up a single 5 gal bucket with a huge over-sized cover made of plywood ( it would set on top of the bucket ) with a 8 inch hole cut into it....

well it didn't keep the sun off the bucket totally and the sides were heating up a little... so I think if I don't bury the bucket then I will make or build a deck to keep the bucket 100% shaded . but I wont use a 5 gal, I'll use a 20 gal mini drum(to contain the root mass)

4. well I think I made the outdoor season this year. I have one white widow clone that I paid $30 for she's about 9 inches tall in soil. well she was covered in spider mite eggs, so i have been treating her before switching her to hydro
    widow w..JPG

her home is going to be a recycled 20 gal plastic keg with a sight gauge and a quick drain I'm going to get her some wheels also.

whites home.jpg

5. more pics of my shit man

IMG_1051.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1048.jpg

6. In so cal as long as you use white buckets you wont have a problem with it getting to hot but you might need an aquarium heater during the winter. I grow outdoor all year long with no problems. My wife has been bugging for me to do a hydro outdoor system. Id love to see your setup once your up and running.

7. All ways good to here from local growers... OMG this shit is banging... I am definitely going to have a bumper crop this year :)

so far the bucket I'm using is a thick recycled keg and its 15 gallons not the 20 I reported earlier, and the temps have never gotten above 72 ish and my bitch is fucking loving it, been treating her every 4 days with Benifithrin, don't see any live mites but I do see some eggs still.... the growth is so awesome to watch everyday.

I'm doing only one bucket for outside... I think its all I will need.. she is all ready drinking a gallon a day.

all I'm doing now is tying down her new branches, and tightening the existing tie downs.

I am starting a proper grow journal today ish...

8. hey you all come see my outside hydro grow

9. If i ever have the opportunity, im going to try doing this with something like a 30 gallon tote and one of those huge 9x9 net pots for support.

I cant wait to see this!

10. i'm using the lucas formula right now(veg) but i dont know if thats what I should be using

my bucket is 15 gallons

11. lucas is great. You May want to look into using the addback formula that goes with it. Towards the last half of flowering you may need to make some additions, you can take that as it somes though.

12. thank you SouthernSmoke for that great info

13. This is a medical grow in your yard correct?so y couldn't the rez be indoors.Iv'e seen outdoor hydro but with rockwool slabs and a drip system and worked fantastic

14. yes it is well i have a feeling this bitch will break in half & die. . .jk the bucket is the res its a 15 gal keg 1/4 inch thick HDPE tough as steel and I think any true DWC system should spank any ebb n flow or ntf or drip system out there... when the nutes are super oxygenated magic happens "bumper crops":hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello:

15. So now that it is season 2011 how did your dwc go outside. Im getting ready to do the same, but using 55 gal per plant,the weather has not yet let me start yet, so the girls are already 3-5' . i know im in for alot of work, changing water checking water, ph every day.:confused:

16. i live in the desert it gets hot but down 2' it stays at about 58

17. They will grow huge outdoors heres a tomato plant at disney world
    [​IMG]

I wish it was warm enough where im from imagine a scrog like this :smoking:

18. that would work when ever i need to work on their barrels, i move the plant to a bucket full of tap water with an air stone, i could leave her there all day if i had to... try it let us know how it works, take pictures;)

:D nice scrog