Closet grow - CFL, Coco coir, bagseed

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by AskEd, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Yo ED stop by my thread in like the next hour check out how my two girls re doing!!!! Your chair is getting cold man!

2. #42 AskEd, Nov 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2009
    That screen setup you have is awesome Hyper, I plan to scrog one of these clones if one turns up female.

Well I gave the ladies their first taste of nutes, a light 275ppm mix of Fox Farms and I swear I saw Linda jump up an inch as I was talking with them. So to keep her from going crazy tall and to help out with the branching, I thought it best to go ahead and top her.

I didn't get my scissors in deep enough and cut off about 85% of the new growth by mistake. Looked like a perfect FIM cut to me however. So why not? This is an experimental grow after all.

I've never done a fimming so I hope it gets the branches jumping into action so I can have some good shoots to clone. And I'm very curious to see how the tops comes out.

And of course, by request...

[​IMG]

* Jump to next update *

3. Thank you very much man. That is an awesome picture. It'll be really easy to see her progress, hopefully all goes well. :D

4. Very beautiful plants! And nice set up, I'm on board for this one. I really like that drip watering system too. Need to head to the depo and grab one.

5. hey man nice grow! Im diggin your interesting light setup. Im def gonna pull up a chair. check out my closet grow.

6. how many clones can you get off one plant?

also, how much did you pay for those fixtures you have for your CFLs? i payed $30 per fixture for 2 lights,

7. Hey thanks for hanging out, got a link to your grow?

8. Well I had a chance to work on my grow this weekend. I was a little concerned about sealed closet and the days I may have a hard time airing it out since I have no air exchange. So I decided to add a DIY CO2 generator made from a juice bottle with a sugar water & yeast mix, and tubing the gas to drop down on the plants from the hood.

This a is not a long term solution, just a bit of help - can't hurt anything. I have the bottle in the tub with the watering bucket incase there are any leaks or bubble overs. I know the debates on the pros & cons of this system, I'll just say that for these size plants and grow area, I think this can help a little. Once they get bigger it's a different story of course.

[​IMG]

Tracy has told me she's not getting as much light as she likes, so I added another two CFL's to fill in the center area of the hood, also fed the CO2 tube through the extra plate slot. 600 watts of light using 156 watts of power!

[​IMG]

Hey pschach - those fixture deals cost me $2 each at Lowes. For that hood so far I've spent $41 total, $45 if you add in the chain. I hope to get at least 3 or 4 clones from each plant, but if I let them veg longer I could get much more. I'm speeding this grow & clone through as quickly as I can so I'll cut first chance I have.

9. i love that light setup!! Very nice!!

I've been looking around trying to figure out how to mod mine to make it more effective for 11 plants... I think I may have to start from scratch.

10. #50 AskEd, Nov 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2009
    DAY 15 - NUTE TIME!

Lights: 6 x 26w 6500 @ 18/6 ~~ Nutes: 300ppm ~~ ph: 6.4 ~~ Temps: 74-82 ~~ rh: 51%
    -------------------------------------------------------------

So I started them on a nutes, they seem to be OK with it, no burn that I can see at all on the leave edges & tips.

After I screwed up my first nutrient batch, I made another using distilled water - since I fucked up my only aired-out gallon of tap water. When I added the Fox Farms to the distilled water, it dropped the ph down to 4.3! Out of the bottle the distilled tested at 7.4.

I aired out another gallon of tap since I have no ph up, did the same thing with tap and it dropped the ph from 7.9 to 6.7, so that's a little more normal. Has anyone experienced this with distilled before?

I have a sneaky suspicion Linda may turn out male, for some reason the really vigorous lanky ones do with these sativas. Or hermies :-( Oh well, I'm still hoping it's a girl.
    [​IMG]

Normally the plants kinda halt for a day or two when topped, but looks like branching is kicking in and new tops are starting to form.
    [​IMG]

Christy is really looking good, big thick leaves and a nice bush growing under the skirt. She is not trying grow tall at all.
    [​IMG]

Tracy isn't looking as hot as the other two, but she gets love just the same, including some more light thanks to the new hood mods.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

* Jump to next update *

11. Linda sure does look awesome! Thanks for the updated pics on the FIM! That was quick!

12. Yo man so yea i havent said anything and just let you be. But now i have something to say, first off thanks fro stopping by my grow and helping yes they were very thirsty, and im adding in a intake fan for them too. 2nd you are in the same boat as me you have a indica and a sativa plant well for you its two indica's and one sativa. Difference if you dont know is sativa is a up beat high and indica is a more mellow high. But looking really great man, your hood has me thinking bout my lights. and that drip system i really want to try and add that but no clue how to keep it stealthy. and with that Co2 i think with the space im using that would help them a ton. keep it up man. need anything just ask.

13. Awesome pics man, Linda is really looking nice, hope she doesn't go male on you, that'd be unfortunate. Very curious to see if your little CO2 generator makes a difference. I was checking aj69420g's thread, and he used one as well. He said he could see a noticeable difference after only a day. If you get similar results, I think my mind is made up, lol. Such a nasty smell though... :rolleyes:

14. Hey, I used to brew beer a lot at home, and i do it in a 5 gallon bucket. The beer fermenter is just like your little Co2 gen. Except it's 5 gallons! And it ferments for days and days creating a lot of Co2. I could brew beer and grow weed in the same spot creating a Synergy!!! It almost cries out to be done! Very healthy little guys by the way!!

15. You know while researching this I read where a lot of people but the batch in their closets (wine usually) and really make it a producing closet LOL

I can only imagine the satisfaction of drinking your own brew and smoking your own herb... that's just beautiful!

Speaking of winemaking, if there are any Tool/A Perfect Circle/Puscifer fans reading this...

BLOOD INTO WINE | The Arizona Stronghold

16. I hear ya buth, I'll find out tonight when I get home how bad the smell is. I put the CO2 concoction in last night but it takes a few hours for the ball to get rolling. Either way this is just a temp experimental type thing until I get my air exchange/ventilation finalized.

The smell may be a factor since I'm renting this closet from my wife's home office space LOL The closet is sealed, which means a big whiff as soon as the door opens.

17. You'll find it smells like beer, I did it several gallons at a time (I made wine myself, tastes like juice, but strong enough to surprise any drinker), so the smell was HORRIBLE. Hopefully on such a small scale it wont be as bad. I do know though that my large batches produced a lot of CO2. Like I said, I'm really hoping it works for you guys, cause I'll have one in myself if it does.

LMAO... Mine is in my bedroom. I'm hoping that the girlfriend won't smell it, cause that would be the end of the yeast and sugar for CO2, lol.

18. #59 Chickadie, Nov 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2009

haha, I am in same boat - except boyfriend, not girlfriend.

19. everything looks great.... nice set up and very nice up dates