Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Car Etiquette Question

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by YellowSubmarin3, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Ok, so here's my situation.

Tomorrow, I'm taking a 2 hour road trip to a college that some of my friends go to so we can party for the weekend. I'm driving, and it was originally supposed to be just me and 1 friend going. We had plans of rolling 2 blunts to bring for car ride up (and probably the same for the way back).

Plans have changed though, as 3 more of my friends have decided they want to come. So there will be 5 of us in the car including me. 3 of us who smoke, 2 of us who do not smoke at all.

Would it still be cool to smoke on the way up with the 2 friends who do smoke, or would that be a dick move to the 2 who don't smoke? Of course I'm going to ask them if it's cool with them, but if they say no, I dunno if I should do it anyways since I'm the one driving. I'm not asking for gas money or anything, just the ability to do what I want on the way up there.

And it's not like I'm gonna hotbox it. I'll have the windows down and everything.

You could say "it's only 2 hours, just wait until you get there," but half the reason we decided to go on this road trip is to make a 2 hour blunt ride out of it.

Thanks for reading -- thoughts?

2. Honestly, if you already planned on smoking and it's the smoker's car, they can either deal with it or hoof it. Not even trying to be a dick, but my way or the high way, so to speak.

I'd do it, although I don't know the non-smokers and most of my non-smoking friends are still pro-cannabis.

3. I think you should just let the 2 friends that don't smoke know your gonna be bringing bud and smoking in the your car. Then leave it up to them if they want to come or not.

4. Yeah, definately not a big deal. Your the one driving up there, THEY are the ones asking for ride. Just say yeah of course I'll drive you but we WILL be smoking on the way up, if your not down for that I'm sorry, but we had these plans before you showed up.

5. Right. Neither of them are anti-weed, I just don't know if non-smokers hate the smell and if it would be torture for them to be in the car like that for 2 hours. But I think it should be alright.

6. Even before I started smoking I loved the smell of ganja.

7. well theres no point in asking them if its all right and then doing it anyway if they dont like it right? thats just a dick move. let thenm know yuou're gonna be blazing and they can come if they want to.

8. dont even tell them just pull out the blunt once you hit cruise control on the highway and light up!

9. I'd be asking them out of common courtesy because I really don't think they'd say no. I don't wanna just light up a fat blunt without at least asking them. But I feel like they don't have much room to say no. I do see your point though. I will let them know beforehand what the deal is.

10. Agreed

11. If they aren't paying for the gas they can't have a say in what you do or not in my opinion. You're giving them a free ride, can't complain!!

As for more etiquette ideas, make sure you offer them a hit, probably at the start and end of each blunt, to make them feel like they're part of the fun. Don't have an entire conversation about them not smoking unless they feel like arguing about it and you want to also. No need to make the car ride a pot bashing/debate ride.

12. Its your car, your weed, and you're doing a favor for your friends. You have every right to smoke as many blunts as you want on that trip.

13. Its your car, they are moochin the ride off you, and your goin away from home to party anyways. I doubt they will bitch, and if they do, i would tell them to walk the rest of the way.

14. I agree. Dont ask. Tell them straight up. "its cool if you guys ride with us, but were gonna be blazin up in the car. If you dont want that around you, please find another ride."
    Just dont sound like a dick when you say it, and it will all be good.
    Who knows, maybe by the end of the road trip youll have acouple new smoking buddies

15. Been in this exact situation before actually. My friends were cool with it though and said it was fine. Even better is on the way back my friend who doesnt smoke drove and everyone that smoked just sat in the back and smoked lol

16. FTW!!!! :metal:

17. Just be like "Were gonna be smoking some bud on the way, okay."

18. this is how i see things going

you: my car, my weed, my gas............... got a problem

passengers: ummmm well since we are not putting any gas money up for a 2 HOUR
    TRIP i dont see a problem

you: exactly thats what i fucking thought now buckle up and lets roll

peace:smoking:

19. Why is that FTW?

20. wait till you're out on the road then lock the doors and window and box those blunts...

just kidding, i'd just give them a heads up and if they have a problem with it they can find their own ride. you are the one driving after all.